More splendid clematis are blooming!

Use this area to discuss climbing plants such as trumpet vines, clematis, and others.

Moderator: Chris_W

GrannyNanny

More splendid clematis are blooming!

Post by GrannyNanny »

This is the year for clematis, at least in my garden. In this batch there are:
1) Rouge Cardinale (it's more burgundy than the pic shows -- more like the half opened flower at upper left)
2) Multi Blue -- first blooming, after two years of my thinking it was going to die on me!!!
3) trellis with Belle of Woking and what I bought as Nellie Moser, but what obviously isn't. Don't know what it is!)

Hooray for Clematis! Phyllis
Attachments
Clematis Blle Wking Nel Moser 6 6 2006.jpg
Clematis Multi Blue 6 6 2006.jpg
Clematis R Cardinale 6 6 2006.jpg
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

My what beauties! Yes, Hooray for Clematis! Even if I don't have many, I get to view all of yours online! Love that! :)
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Beautiful!!! :D
Squash Blossom

Post by Squash Blossom »

How perfectly elegant and beautiful!

I have an old clematis that used to be the focal point of my back yard. It had blooms the size of saucers.

One afternoon I was reading in the den and should have gotten up to see what my pug Jimbo was rattling around with at the doggie door. I thought he was just going in and out...until I checked and discovered he was trying to pull probably 12 ft. of my prized clematis through the doggie door. He had a sizable length of the vine inside the sunroom and a pile of stripped leaves and blooms right outside. :(

That was probably 2-3 years ago and that clematis has never been anything close to what it originally was.

Ann
To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Oh NO! I don't know if I'd :cry: or :lol: at that one! Hopefully one day it will come back as strong as ever! :D
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
hostaaddict

Post by hostaaddict »

beautiful Phyllis! I planted two Belle of Woking this year. they were very tiny though. Probably won't do much for couple years. After seeing yours, I can't wait to see them bloom...J
New Topic Post Reply