Star Jasmine

Use this area to discuss climbing plants such as trumpet vines, clematis, and others.

Moderator: Chris_W

YellowRose

Star Jasmine

Post by YellowRose »

My father in law bought me a bunch of plants recently. Included was some star jasmine and wisteria. The wisteria is thriving! Making its way along my back fence. But the star jasmine is not doing as well. For a little bit (the way hubby had the sprinkler) it was not getting as much water (but the wisteria was not either) as I think maybe it should have been.. but I am wondering.. is it a slow grower? Should I fertilize with something? This pic was taken when it was first planted.. at least 1.5 months ago and it still looks the same whereas everything else is BIGGER

Thanks!
Amber
Amber
Zone 7b
YellowRose

Post by YellowRose »

Anybody? :(
Amber
Zone 7b
YellowRose

Post by YellowRose »

OK well.. I believe that my problem was that it was not getting enough water. :) I have upped watering it and now it has flowers and new growth all over.

Amber
Amber
Zone 7b
petal*pusher

Post by petal*pusher »

Hmmm....I looked this up and was surprised it can grow in full sun. Most articles said full sun or partial sun. Moist soil seems to be what all suggest.

The leaves look a little too light green to me. I've never grown this plant, but have dealt with it several times in the flower shop. Maybe a good shot of fertilizer??.......p :-?
YellowRose

Post by YellowRose »

The light green leaves are the newer ones I believe because the ones underneath are darker. Why are you surprised it can grow in full sun?.. just curious.

Thanks for your reply :)

Amber
Amber
Zone 7b
petal*pusher

Post by petal*pusher »

I guess I was comparing it to other plants that have the same glossy leaves.....gardenia, camelia,.....even our common groundcover myrtle that seem to do better in the shade.

Interesting plant, your star jasmine! Some even use it for groundcover!.......p :wink:
New Topic Post Reply