I ordered..........

Use this area to discuss climbing plants such as trumpet vines, clematis, and others.

Moderator: Chris_W

LucyGoose

I ordered..........

Post by LucyGoose »

1 - Abundance
1 - Barbara Harrington
1 - Etoile Violette
1 - Madame Edoaurd Andre'
1 - Tie Dye
1 - Triternata "Rubromarginata"
1 - Venosa Violacea

:eek: .......... :lol:

I have that fence to cover now.....And Debbie at Silver Star Vinery helped me pick on the phone this morning so now I will have these late next week...Prolly thursday!

Anyone have any of these?
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

Oh my word!

I only have etiole violette from your list, so I had to look the other up.

I now have to get structures for Tie Dye and Venosa Violacea to grow on. They are amazing! I love that purple/white combo.

They all look like great choices - you will have to post photos as soon as you can.

CONGRATS!

Alexa
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

I know Alexa.... :lol: Now DH is fussing about putting them on the fence....Debbie explained how to make a thingy that puts them 1 foot away from my fence so they have good air circulation....He is fussing saying that it will look ugly with that , but I will just do it anyway....shhhhhh....:lol:.. :wink:
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

I've never heard of any of them! LOL
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

They are going to be beautiful! :cool: I like Barbara Harrington, Madame Edoaurd Andre', and Venosa Violacea the best. :D
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Goose, I'm glad you went ahead and got those. I was unable to root the C. Etoile Violette for you. Here is ours this year and they do our grow their trellis! She isn't blooming yet but soon. C. Nirobe is starting to bloom and she too is out growing her trellis.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:o OMG Karma!! I crossed Niobe off the list, too....Oh well....Jay is at the hardware store now getting the stuff to put on the *new fence*! he isn't that happy...LOL..but he WILL get over it....:lol: I called Debbie again this morning and had him talk to her about what she meant on how to build the thingy's on the new fence.... :lol: She is the nicest person....it's like she has known me forever...She mentioned you and the has not seen you lately.....Oh well, back out I go...I am potting my annuals and just piddling outside....I hope my clemmies get big, cause the thing Jay is worried about is that the thingy is going to show too much and be *ugly*......I told him it won't (Lucy crossing fingers cause the clemmie I have now are these puny things....but Debbie said I need to be cutting them back in spring...so ya know what? I cut my Sweet Autumn back again just the other day while I talked to her....she said yes, DO IT! You want it full don't you? :lol:

Thanks for sharing your pictures Missy Karma!!
kHT

Post by kHT »

Missy karma here leaves the clemmies in pots longer than she should and when we put the C. Etoile Violette in the ground she had busted the wooden pot she was in. Ya know I have a thing about moving stuff in the yard. :oops:
You will have to take photos and show us how Jay does this as I'm thinking I seriously need to move a few in the ground to a bigger trellis area before they take over the house and trees out front.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

:evil: have you ever showed a pic of your trelly ?

Why do it need to be a foot away.. never heard that before

Remember there are 3 pruning groups.. the easiest to keep nice from the base are the late flowering ones.. you just cut them one foot over the ground every spring :wink:

So have to look up your new ones :wink:
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hi Kids!!

Well, Jay has not finished the little *project* just yet...I did take a few pictures of what he did.....He made Debbie's idea a little different.....They will have the wire garden fence (they call it) to climb on....that will be a foot away from the new wooden fence.....Little Pia, that is for air and they can climb.....I will have to show you later...Jay's right hand is not working..(that is just like he said it...you know men...never complain till they are DEAD! :evil: ) he did go to the doctor today so he has to have tests....anyway, back to the job.....I hope he will be done so when the clemmie's come I can just plant....I did more Round-Up tonight....but now tomorrow I have to do the other side...

Hugs!! Lucy!!
baja220
USDA Zone: 6

Post by baja220 »

I don't have any of those, but I've been wanting to get Tie Dye cause it looks soooooo different. :cool: Isn't Debbie the greatest??? Is this your first order from her?

Debbie
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hi Debbie!

Yes Debbie is the greatest! This will be my 2nd time ordering from her or maybe the 3rd....It definite is the biggest! :lol: I just love her....talked to her twice yesterday on the phone to find out that I am just a airhead...:lol: She ran out of the Venosa Vilacea, so she sent me Bonanza, and Blue Boy.....Bonanza was the substitute, and Blue Boy was her *I am sorry plant*! She is a blast to talk to on the phone! I bet she is fun in person! :cool:
kHT

Post by kHT »

Yep Goose, she is a blast in person. I met her last year at the local plant show! Didn't make it out this year as I was just to busy, would of loved to add some of her clemmies to the yard.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
New Topic Post Reply