Where to plant my vines?

Use this area to discuss climbing plants such as trumpet vines, clematis, and others.

Moderator: Chris_W

Justme

Where to plant my vines?

Post by Justme »

I got (another :x ) Clemantis vine and a Honey Suckle vine. I have a light post in full all day sun, or a 6 foot trellis on the west side of the house full sun from 1 pm on, next to a brick wall, or last a porch post that will get sun all morning till noon or 1 pm.

I really know nothing about vines. I had a Clemantis that after three years was FINALLY blooming and about 4' tall last summer, on the light post. I lost it when we poured the new sidewalk and moved the light post. :cry:

Thanks for any suggestions.

Tami
My Hosta List
It is always something
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

The HS I would put on the west side and do you have a name for the clemmie? Back on the light post!!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

Clems like to have their feets in shade... you can do it with a one to two foot perennial .. did i say hosta :-? and their flowers in the sun

like hostas they need water, water an more water

Plant it at least one foot deep.

Remember to read the pruning instructions.. or remember the name.. then you can find it :wink:
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hi Tami!!

I have 7 coming and when I talked to the girl on the phone she saiys that people need to prune no matter what group the first couple years to get it to throw off more shoots.....While I was on the phone, she had me go prune my Sweet Autum Clematis.....:lol: And with my Snow Quenn, it is real short but has 3-4 blooms.....I bought it last year......she told me to prune to the first set of leaves after it is done blooming...Of the ones I have comeing, I got all groupe 3's...the hard prune's.....Hope this helps!! :cool: Oh, and to tell you where to plant, it depends on what you have as some DO take some shade...

Good Luck!!
New Topic Post Reply