Passiflora Cuttings . . . . .

Use this area to discuss climbing plants such as trumpet vines, clematis, and others.

Moderator: Chris_W

kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Passiflora Cuttings . . . . .

Post by kHT »

First of all don't use sharp scissors as you can cut your fingers! :oops:
A friend stopped by yesterday with 4 huge Passifloras that he wanted me to babysit. When they arrived I went oh my, you haven't taken cuttings?? No that is your job! :wink:
Well 2 1/2 hours later and many cuttings in water as I'm allowing the dirt to warm up here is the first one. I won't show you the others as they were huge!! Ya need to untangle, cut the side shoot, check to see if they are solid not hollow and cut to the size you want to root. Clean out the top of the pot, add dirt and sent them back outside as these are all hardy ones!!
He was happy when he left as he got a new one that was rooted in Nov. when we usually do ours.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
whitewater176

Post by whitewater176 »

hi karma I am also babysitting a passion flower for someone, here in zone 5 it wouldnt make it outside so its pot is in my bedroom with the only south facing window we have, it seems to be doing well so far. I have gotten 4 cuttings to root for me so that will probably be my reward for plant sitting. Now if i could only keep the kitten out of it.
Deb
kHT

Post by kHT »

whitewater176, does this person know that these only bloom on new growth and it's best to cut them back if they want to see bloomers? Orange peels keep the cats out of the house plants! :wink:
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
whitewater176

Post by whitewater176 »

Did not know that Karma, will let them know, was in shock when they told me they gave
$70 for this thing in a huge pot. I am learning so much from you with the brugs and now the passi.
thanks for the tips
Deb
kHT

Post by kHT »

:eek: :eek: Oh My, that is way to much!! :eek: :eek:
Here is my favorite person to go to for Passies, she is just the best!! She has been redoing her site so if it doesn't work, do check back. I highly recommend you go to her first before buying at that price.

http://www.gkexoticplants.com/
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
New Topic Post Reply