'Anna Louisa' is depressed.

Use this area to discuss climbing plants such as trumpet vines, clematis, and others.

Moderator: Chris_W

Midnight Reiter Too

'Anna Louisa' is depressed.

Post by Midnight Reiter Too »

My clematis Anna Louisa is in bloom, but the bed looks absolutely horrible. The neighbor feeds the goldfinches, then they sit on top of my arbor and drop thistle seeds. I sprayed with Weed B Gone but more thistles always appear while the others are dying. :cry:
Give a Weed an Inch and it’ll Take a Yard
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Re: 'Anna Louisa' is depressed.

Post by nanny_56 »

Are they not feeding sterile seed????? :eek:
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
lazygardner

Post by lazygardner »

I wonder if double sided sticky tape on top of the arbor would convince the birds to land elsewhere? It keeps the kitties off my counters! :lol: Of course, then you might have thistle growing in even worse spots...durned stuff will grow AnYWheRe. :evil:
Before criticizing someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you will be a mile away and have their shoes!
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

One needs to put up something to make it uninviting to come sit on the arbor? I had the same problem of the local birds sitting on the rain gutter
to get in out of the rain and so I hung a bouncing pig and sure enough they stopped comming. Something with movement usually works. Noise is another
thing that might help?
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
Midnight Reiter Too

Post by Midnight Reiter Too »

Oh, maybe they do use sterile seeds. The goldfinches are probably finding non-sterile seeds as well. Karma, do you think I can get a noise maker up high enough to scare them?
Give a Weed an Inch and it’ll Take a Yard
New Topic Post Reply