Purple Clematis ID, please.

Use this area to discuss climbing plants such as trumpet vines, clematis, and others.

Moderator: Chris_W

GrannyNanny

Purple Clematis ID, please.

Post by GrannyNanny »

Preparatory to moving, I dug up all my clematis -- eight vines -- and put them in large pots for the summer. One has flowered, and it is NOT what it was labeled. I had two planted on the same obelisk, and the second one's tag was lost. I thought this was the other one, but it is NOT Belle of Woking, which is light colored and fluffy! So, I'm stumped, not knowing enough about the various forms of clematis to be able to ID it. Obviously it's an early bloomer, since it's the only one among them all that has put out any flowers yet. Any suggestions? Photo attached. Phyllis
Attachments
Web-purple-Clematis.jpg
viktoria

Re: Purple Clematis ID, please.

Post by viktoria »

Could it be 'Multi-Blue'? Color looks too purple but I have seen it look the whole range from purple to blue, depending on time of day, light conditions and how the camera reads the color.

Viktoria
Many a great tune has been played on an older fiddle.
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

look at the website www.silverstarvinery.com.

Deb has lots of photos on there and lots of variety....maybe it would help you identify it....also a great place to buy when you get settled in to your new home. :wink:
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
GrannyNanny

Post by GrannyNanny »

Charla -- Thanks for that website -- a great reference. However, Viktoria has nailed it -- it IS Multi Blue; I had one of those, and it WAS growing on the same obelisk as the vanished Belle of Woking. I just couldn't remember that name, but once you posted it, it was clear as a bell. Thanks, thanks, thanks -- now I can put the correct marker on it. Phyllis
New Topic Post Reply