Moving Bridal Veil

Use this area to discuss trees, shrubs, and woody ornamentals.

Moderator: Chris_W

maidofshade

Moving Bridal Veil

Post by maidofshade »

Has anyone had luck moving Bridal Veil?
Is fall the best time for this (zone 4) I have 4 of them close to the house that are blocking a rock path through the side garden. You get the feeling that you are in the jungle when you walk past. :eek: I would like to save them if possible and move them out into the yard. Also one of my dd's would like one for her yard. Any suggestions?? :eek:
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hi there!!

I think I have that in a hanging pot.....when I had back surgery in March a lady I work with brought me over this plant......I was just going to bring it in for winter.....Now I wonder if it's is the same thing you are talking about?? It has those tiny, tiny white flowers on it, right? You have yours in the ground? I bet that looks cool!! :D
maidofshade

Post by maidofshade »

Hello yourself Lucy Goose.
I should have explained myself better, sorry. I am asking about a type of spirea. It blooms in early spring. I don't know the botanical name for it. We have always called these Bridal Veil.
A funny thing happened today though. I came home from work (after stopping to pick up a couple of clearance heucheras) and walked up the path. I couldn't figure out what was missing :o
My husband has SEVERLY pruned the offenders :eek:
I suppose they may be easier for me to move now--but I doubt they will bloom for me next spring--at least not on the side facing the path.
Seems like he had enough of Jungle Life.LOL
Cheryl
mooie

Post by mooie »

I believe it's called Bridal Wreath rather then Veil. Bridal Veil is a tropical house plant. I'm no expert on moving any spirea, but they are so tough I wouldn't be afraid to move it most any time. Good Luck!

mooie
~Imagine~
maidofshade

Post by maidofshade »

Mooie You are right!!!! Isn't it funny how you can pin a name on a plant and be so far off. I am going to try to just move half of them this fall and then won't lose the whole line up. If they are like the small spirea it should be ok they grow like weeds here. You can dig the whole thing up and they just keep coming back.
Cheryl
New Topic Post Reply