Another Wild Ride

This is the off topic area. Stop by to play a game, tell us about your day, or just stop and chat. Politics, current events, or any related topic will be moved or removed.

Moderator: Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Another Wild Ride

Post by kHT »

Mother Nature is in control!! Yet another windy day in the PNW with winds in the Portland area of 67mph around yesterday's rush hour traffic. The winds started around 2ish and ended around 9PM. I was luck enough to watch the neighbors huge pines blow almost in half and then all the sudden one huge limb came crashing down. All the way in the middle of the circle and my poor neighbor to the south of me came rushing outside and moved her vehicle to our side of the driveway. It was amazing to see the force of wind it took to bring this huge limb down. Needless to say we were lucky, just one window on the new greenhouse broke from the pine dropping here. I have a huge mess and was just saying to my DH this past weekend that I could say my yard was cleaned up just in time for the holidays. :lol: NOT!! What a mess!!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Re: Another Wild Ride

Post by thy »

:eek: Good nothing really bad happened, did you want to get rid of the tree ?
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
rosemarie

Re: Another Wild Ride

Post by rosemarie »

Holy Crow, Karma, I guess we have been missed by all the hard weather down here, just some rain! I am just waiting for the Holidays to be over!!! My kids are all busy with their own activities (one of them is on a cruise in Mexico the other one has moved again to somewhere in San Diego) Hope every one has a Merry Christmas and a good New Year! (Good grief 2015!! Who knew???) :hmm:
Lovin' the great northwest!
New Topic Post Reply