:-(

This is the off topic area. Stop by to play a game, tell us about your day, or just stop and chat. Politics, current events, or any related topic will be moved or removed.

Moderator: Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
LucyGoose

:-(

Post by LucyGoose »

While reading the obits yesterday, I read that an old friend of mine from the high school band days with my daughter passed....heart attack....we used to stay in contact years after our kids got out but then in the last few years, haven't talked to each other, we just lost contact.....Pat Paulson gave me the name of "LucyGoose"....I will never forget how I got that name.....She was hooking me up with the Gaming Zone where you play games with other people on the internet....well everything I would suggest was always taken.....Then I said try Lucy....my mom would wall me that at times and still does.....it was taken....all of a sudden she started typing and laughing.....thus LucyGoose was created....LOL....

Her showing is today.....I will take a flower and card with "Love LucyGoose" to put next to her....Plus she gave me my first hosta's...Francee.....:-(
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Re: :-(

Post by thy »

Sorry for your loss
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Thanks Pia...
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

So sorry for your loss LG.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

So sorry for you loss, Kathleen. I loved your story about how she came up with your screen name.

I lost an old friend and classmate this summer, too. She married a friend of my husband's, and we crossed paths over the years. Her kids were in our 4-H club, we did craft shows together, would run into one another around town at different things. We hadn't been in touch for a while, just life getting too busy, though we did pass news through her son, who is our neighbor. The last time I saw her she was in remission from her cancer, and then it suddenly came back and she was gone.
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

Aww sorry to hear that Lucy :(
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Thanks you guys....till can't believe it.....she is buried in the same cemetery that DH's son and nephew is buried.....in fact, right by the nephew....so I will be visiting her ....
New Topic Post Reply