First sale

This is the off topic area. Stop by to play a game, tell us about your day, or just stop and chat. Politics, current events, or any related topic will be moved or removed.

Moderator: Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
edburton
USDA Zone: 5A

First sale

Post by edburton »

My sweet adorable wife the one and only Wisconsin Kay decided that she was going to sell stuff on E-Bay.
Well I thought that was a swell idea and I knew she was excited about the prospects of making some money for the sake of buying more stuff that our house doesn't have room for, the idea just thrilled me to tears to be honest.
Well the first set of problems came right away, Wisconsin Kay doesn't know how a computer works and at 63 years old she wasn't about to learn so she told me with that look that said I was cut off for a long time if you get my gist. The guys will right off, I'm sure some of you gals won't even find it unusual, just saying.
Well Wisconsin Eddie had to help Wisconsin Kay set up an E-Bay account which also meant we had to set up her own E-mail account, and as an added bonus a Paypal account too.
Well after a couple of hours on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon, who likes football anyway '~( we got the gist of most of it except for the Paypal because it needed the bank account transfer for conformation, that was what I had for breakfast on Monday as Wisconsin Kay didn't have an online account set up with her bank because who needs computers anyway, ya right ;~(**
Anyway after I called her bank and they gave me full access to all her bank info over the phone with no verification other than her bank account number which is her name only to me without even asking who I was I got the amounts needed to verify Paypal.
If your wondering if was strange for a bank to give out all that info over the phone without getting verification from her directly I'm wondering the same thing myself.
Oops off topic
Well since Wisconsin Kay has no computer skills guess who had to do her listings, remember that look described above! I came to the rescue like a dog dragged to a bathtub with a choker chain, yes tears were coming down my eyes as I knew I was doomed for eternal E-Bayism
Well Wisconsin Kay started writing stuff down on a piece of paper instructing me to take pictures of this and that, "PS I learned that I don't take good stuff pictures", then came the moment of truth, the listing, in fact the listings! did you know there is a limit of listings for each category for the first 90 days, only so many every 30 days until you prove you are trustworthy, OH ya baby it was a really fun Monday.
Anyway before this becomes my first novel, Wisconsin Kay through Wisconsin Eddie made our first sale, today I have the honor of going to the post office to ship it out.
To make matters worse it sold for $45.99 and I got that I told you so look all day yesterday, anyway there is a lady in Bolder Colorado who is anxiously waiting for her real leather flap over Stone Mountain satchel, I thought they were all purses but E-bay corrected me to the error of my way.
Happy October everyone, I just hit the twilight zone myself.
PS after the second day I started drinking some fine Scotch whiskey, so the look wouldn't of mattered at all, it was a down week no matter how you look at it ;`(
Ed Burton
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Re: First sale

Post by kHT »

Oh Ed, I have walked in your shoes. Time to set her down and teach her how to do it herself.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

LOL ED
If you do not help her, there is no way you can complain about her purchases in the future :wink:
She might even sell some of the stuff... and more in 90 days :pumpkin:
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:lol: :lol:
Carol O
USDA Zone: 4

Post by Carol O »

Our son has made a living for many years now selling 'vintage' clothing on ebay that he buys at the Goodwill 'bins.' He's very good at it.
I had to chuckle at your 'tome' and had my hubby come in and read also. I am 63!

Thanks for the smiles! :D
edburton
USDA Zone: 5A

Post by edburton »

Thanks everyone I didn't mean to burden but the preacher man said it's better to just get it all out, although he was drinking Scotch by the time he was ready to go home, "I called a cab" but Wisconsin Kay refused to leave.

Well as I write this Wisconsin Kay is off to realms of stuff looking, mostly handbags " I learned that handbags is the excepted universal term for a purse, only more letters to make it sound more fashionable would be my guess" anyway Wisconsin Kay & Wisconsin Eddie learned how to buy and print a shipping label with paid postage, with E-Bay discount to boot I might add.
This makes Wisconsin Eddie very happy as he no longer has to run to the post office because the post office will come pick it up. "If your wondering why E-Bay sellers get a postage deal, I'm with you there folks, I'm going to try figure out if I can sell my regular mail so I can get that discount when I pay the bills" Need to think that out a bit.
Well Wisconsin Kay is singing like a canary fresh out of a polluted mine as her total sales will be up to around 10 items by Saturday, I don't get the look no more, but I don't get nothing else yet either, need to check this out pretty soon before something turns blue if you get my drift.
Well I was also able to get off Scotch for breakfast, a simple beer works now, hopefully by the middle of next week I can go back to coffee.

Back to E.Bay, this lady from somewhere offered me a set price on an auction item and I thought to myself this would be a great way to get rid of a piece of stuff right off with no hassle, well that didn't work out so good either. I sent her a message right off that we had a deal no haggling on my end, hell no! if she would of made it a buck or two more I would of sold off the whole shitten kaboodle right there and then "the so many listings in a 30 day period would give me 2 and a half weeks of free time"
Well E-bay has a policy that you can't sell off site and there is no such thing as lets make a deal unless you start it out as a best offer "need to look into that a bit" and you can't exchange e-mails either.
So me and this lady are going to figure out how I can get Wisconsin Kay's stuff out of Wisconsin Kay & Eddies house to the ladies house, and she is going to pay to do it, what a country cash for trash and everyone is happy but Wisconsin Eddie.
Well my breakfast beer is gone so it's time to see if I can change the locks on the house before Wisconsin Kay gets home ;~(
New Topic Post Reply