Believe they're real or not?

This is the off topic area. Stop by to play a game, tell us about your day, or just stop and chat. Politics, current events, or any related topic will be moved or removed.

Moderator: Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
Carol O
USDA Zone: 4

Believe they're real or not?

Post by Carol O »

Our neighbor has property out by Mt. Rainier, where they grow pumpkins and corn. They are getting ready for the annual Pumpkin Patch and corn maze when they noticed that one pond that has never been dried up before had had an unusual visitor. On closer inspection, it's really rather intriguing or frightening. The next day, there were more in a dried up creek bed, again one that has never dried up before. My husband and I drove out last night, after she posted a few photos on her facebook page. They go in a circle in front of Tracy. They come into the picture on the upper left corner, turn around, walk that circle just in front of him, and at the bottom left corner they stop and turn around again. There were 2 sizes, one 15" and one 17" at both locations. What do you think?
Attachments
The pond from the road,
The pond from the road,
Toes
Toes
The stream bed
The stream bed
Tracy at the pond, looking toward the road
Tracy at the pond, looking toward the road
Last edited by Carol O on Sep 17, 2015 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Re: Believe they're real or not?

Post by Chris_W »

Bigfoot wearing flip-flops? No, they don't look real. Each one is too flat and each one too identical in their straight downward impression. An animal or person would always leave impressions to indicate a gate or some kind of movement, and toe impressions would be in a grasping or flexing impression, not straight down completely even. It is a hoax.
Carol O

Post by Carol O »

That's what my son-in-law says. It's a pretty elaborate hoax, if it is. Lots of thought and energy went into it.
Tigger
USDA Zone: 6b - 7a

Post by Tigger »

Reminds me of The Legend of Boggy Creek, which scared the pants off me when I was about 10.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068837/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Pretty cheesy in its day, but could be considered a progenitor of the documentary-style horror pics like The Blair Witch Project.

David
Carol O

Post by Carol O »

Is a hoax.
And the whole thought of 'who would do this?' fell into place perfectly when we knew who did. It was great!
New Topic Post Reply