Please share your Garden Junk, er... Art

Discuss garden design, share general garden pictures, or discuss general gardening topics not specifically related to another subject area.

Moderator: Chris_W

Postby Justaysam » Jun 14, 2003 4:31 pm

I love seeing stuff out in the garden other than plants. I have a few things, but picked up some mirrors today that I am sure my husband and kids think are just plain junk (they don't say much because they know it won't matter to me, LOL). I love this kind of stuff, and would love to see what others put out in their gardens.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Justaysam

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Justaysam » Jun 14, 2003 4:34 pm

The 2 last ones are on a fence, I may move them later, don't know if I like them there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Justaysam

Just something silly I saw on a garden tour while at Hanks

Postby Justaysam » Jun 14, 2003 4:35 pm

Other stuff I put up on the walls just outside the rear of my house off the deck.
Justaysam

Postby hostaaddict » Jun 14, 2003 11:38 pm

those are great! I haven't any pics to post but I have 3 fountains (in 3 diff areas), an armillary sphere on a ceramic base, also large pr of brass cranes with verdigris on them, a blue ceramic urn about 3 ft tall, some Japanese lanterns, and a big old iron schoolbell. My DH and I made a Japanese looking tower to hang the bell from. I have a Japanese water hammer in the pond. I think art is very important in a garden as it expresses our personalities. :D If I had a nice fence like you do I would sure go with some mirrors too...Jackie
hostaaddict

Postby patsue53 » Jun 15, 2003 9:23 am

I love those mirrors! Your garden art is much more sophisticated than mine. :lol: If I could figure out how to get pictures out of my new digi cam and into the computer I'd post pics of mine. :evil:

I have a blue ceramic pig in my daylilies, a bird on a stick, an Isobel Bloom butterfly on a stick in one of the hosta beds, a frog that says "Mom's Garden" that DD gave me for mother's day, and a couple of wrought iron edgers with yellow glass reflectors in them at the sunny bed, and a dragonfly.

I like whimsical little surprises in the garden. Just kind of makes things fun.
patsue53

Postby Snow » Jun 16, 2003 10:55 pm

I love to plant in odd things. I've used old metal dishpans, ceramic tea-kettles, and this collinder is one of my favorite planters. I also have an old wicker rocker in the garden planted with annuals every year.
~*Snow*~
Snow

Postby lazygardner » Jun 25, 2003 11:20 am

Holy cow, you all have such creative and beautiful objects in your gardens! All I have is three brass and glass butterflies which are gifts from my DD and her boyfriend. I love those, but I can't help being a little bit jealous of all the interesting artful pieces you all have.
Before criticizing someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you will be a mile away and have their shoes!
lazygardner

Postby putnamgardens » Jun 27, 2003 10:27 pm

A purchase from the auction at St. Louis Regional. It's for the society. Later, Love, Lisa
Have I mentioned lately that my drinking team has a hosta problem?
putnamgardens

Postby Old earth dog » Jun 27, 2003 10:32 pm

Lisa that stone turned out really cool looking.
Old earth dog

Postby putnamgardens » Jun 27, 2003 10:49 pm

Thanks for the "cool" comment. I "almost" got a rock carved in D.C. Horseshoes and hand granaids. I hate to confess I bought another gazing ball. Kim called me that Menards had heavy glass ones. I told Andy I was going to buy grout. So it wasn't all deceptive I bought grout, additive, copper tubing and a Super cool blue and multi colored ball. Later, Love, Lisa
putnamgardens

One man's art is another's Alex Summers

Postby putnamgardens » Jun 27, 2003 11:03 pm

Did I mention I sat with the person Alex J Summer's the evening his distingushed merit award was issued.? Later, Love, Lisa
putnamgardens

We have the dwarfs 2 (7)

Postby putnamgardens » Jun 27, 2003 11:16 pm

It's a terrible addiction this collecting of hosta and garden art....Later, Love, Lisa
putnamgardens

love those elephant ears

Postby putnamgardens » Jun 27, 2003 11:26 pm

Orders from headquarters...Andy's supose to prepare the soil to get ready for another planting. Later, Love, Lisa
putnamgardens

Postby Garden_of_Mu » Jun 28, 2003 1:40 pm

Here's a pic of my birdbath (still in progress - needs a good base). Also some hypertufa spheres I made, grouped with some glass shperes and a big frog my MIL gave us. :) there's more pics of garden art on my webpage.
~ Mike

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t
matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Theodore Geisel, aka Dr.
Seuss
Garden_of_Mu

USDA Zone: 7

Postby putnamgardens » Jun 28, 2003 7:54 pm

Does this qualify as garden art? Andy thinks so. He had it delivered for $50-. Did we get a good find? Later,Love,Lisa
putnamgardens

now it's a circle of Lily's

Postby putnamgardens » Jun 28, 2003 9:42 pm

I had to make room for more sun loving annuals and lilies. We removed more grass and made a circle of Elephant Ear. Later, Love, Lisa
putnamgardens

Postby viktoria » Jun 29, 2003 6:37 am

Great pictures! I particularly like Andy's fifty-buck find and GOM's birdbath.

I have a couple of pics to contribute. The first one I picked up while at the Comvention. The second is a gift from my daughter Lisa.
Many a great tune has been played on an older fiddle.
viktoria

Postby viktoria » Jun 29, 2003 6:45 am

Here's the other one:
Many a great tune has been played on an older fiddle.
viktoria

Postby Soummer » Jun 29, 2003 8:42 am

I had a birdcage to be thrown away...

I had a begonia needing a home...

Viola! I think it's cute :)
Soummer, formerly Janet D.
My Page

Soummer

USDA Zone: 4-5

Postby hostaaddict » Jun 29, 2003 1:13 pm

Lisa, I like your "stuff". What does the lettering say on the post? I put Japanese characters saying "peaceful garden" on my Shinto Gate/bell tower thingy. Just wondering if you know what is written there. Very nice!....Jackie
hostaaddict

Next

Return to Garden Discussion and Gallery