Please share your Garden Junk, er... Art

Discuss garden design, share general garden pictures, or discuss general gardening topics not specifically related to another subject area.

Moderator: Chris_W

Sharon53

OK...

Post by Sharon53 »

I said I would never get a gazing ball....never....never...but I just could not resist this one.....I love the color. I hate snails, but this one seemed friendly enough.
Attachments
gb2.JPG
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

This cardinal banner is down and the kitty banner is up. We've revamped the front yard. Later, Love, Lisa
Attachments
cardinal banner.jpg
Have I mentioned lately that my drinking team has a hosta problem?
jmboyer

Post by jmboyer »

This is a thoroughly enjoyable thread. You all have so many lovely pieces of garden art. If the rain lets up, I'll go out an get a pic of my dragonfly. Thanks to you all for sharing your beautiful garden art.
patsue53

Post by patsue53 »

Until I went out to snap pictures I didn't realize I had so much (ahem) art in my garden. Here's a few:
Attachments
I keep moving this, don't know where it belongs yet.
I keep moving this, don't know where it belongs yet.
windvane.JPG (20.65 KiB) Viewed 118300 times
Got this cute guy for Mother's Day
Got this cute guy for Mother's Day
DD plays cello...couldn't resist this guy.
DD plays cello...couldn't resist this guy.
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

Great "Junk" everyone!! Love seeing the pics. I'm just reserving my spot in the thread. I'll takes pics later today and post them here.

Let's see, I'll have to include the whiskey barrel planted with minis, the old rusy watering can filled with pink 'tunias, there's the planter made from a tire (yep, I have one of those), a little fence made from old hay rake tines, the rusty milk can, they wagon wheel covered with clematis, and anything else I've drug off the old farm. Seems I'm looking a little rustic these days!
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
wild4flowers

Post by wild4flowers »

Viktoria, I don't usually like the 'frog' art, but the first one with the yellow eyes is just awesome. It's something about those eyes. The flowers with it are exceptional too. CHAR
putnamgardens

glass gems on bowling balls

Post by putnamgardens »

It started with a gift from my hosta partner in crime's husband. The pink grout one. Then I bought out the dollar store of glass gems. Then I used MY bowling ball and covered it. I JUST went to Joanne's for $.79 cent bags. I bought 7 of Pearl. Plus misc. I even dragged two bowling balls home from Florida this March. You think Hallson forum is addicting.....I surf the garden junk forum. These folks are creative and talented. I'm inspired by their Garden art. Later, Love, Lisa
Attachments
a long winter of balls.jpg
putnamgardens

03's phase 1 before pix

Post by putnamgardens »

I just can't help myself. I keep draggin home hosta's. I'm fixing to jazz the front yard for a "wow" first impression. Today I'm digging a pit for a water feature globe......It's full of marble glass gems. This budda first landed last year. Today the budda has hosta's planted behind it. I'll have to shoot a pix when the fountains bubbling. I just love a good after picture. Later, Love, Lisa
Attachments
2003 phase 1 before pix.jpg
putnamgardens

kept cinderella

Post by putnamgardens »

We have all 7 dwarfs.....some of them are out in the open and other's are peaking out from under plants. We can't help ourselves. We've got garden art in every glance. One man's trash...another's treasure. YOU be the judge. Later, Love, Lisa
Attachments
kept cinderella.jpg
putnamgardens

pagoda

Post by putnamgardens »

It's not in the front yard anymore. Later, Love, Lisa
Attachments
pagoda drop.jpg
putnamgardens

bird bath gazer

Post by putnamgardens »

I found the gazer at menards after Kim called to tell me about'm. The top was purchased at Dege's and the base was big lots. $60- later.......Later, Love, Lisa P.S. the gems in the bath basin where found at the dollar store.
Attachments
bird bath gazer.jpg
farmgal

home made ideas

Post by farmgal »

PUTNAMGARDENS, I love the idea of decorating those bowling balls~! Is there a cite besides here to get more ideas from? Id love to find some HOME MADE ideas! Any links you care to share? Thanks ,Farmgal
petal*pusher

Great place to find more ideas.......

Post by petal*pusher »

Don't mean to interupt here, but just found this place today! If you have 3 or 4 hours.......(or maybe 7 or 8!) take a look at some of the garden pictures posted here!

I've found some very interesting goodies making themselves at home in gardens here from all over the country;

http://community.webshots.com/topics/80 ... iews_0.htm

My gardens are here also......I like to add surprises to my plants also!.............p :wink:

http://community.webshots.com/user/potpourri35
I have been gardening as long as I can remember! After 25 years as florist, changed careers to teach in Ornamental Horticulture class at a vocational school. Been there almost 22 yrs......always learning.....always learning.....always learning.....
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

I originally took this picture cuz the spider allowed me to fetch my camera. He's got one long leg stretching out onto the white background. I found this fountain at Tuesday Morning. Later, Love, Lisa
Attachments
Angel & spider.jpg
Angel & spider.jpg (22.51 KiB) Viewed 118131 times
Midnight Reiter Too

Post by Midnight Reiter Too »

I can't post pics, but this place has some funny stuff:

http://www.albertelli.com/photoarchive/ ... index.html[/url]
Give a Weed an Inch and it’ll Take a Yard
Wylee

Post by Wylee »

Oh boy have I got the garden junk, lol! Lemme see if I can link you to my webpage http://wyleesee.50megs.com Now lemme see if I can post a pic or two...

Wylee
Attachments
The beginnings of my 7ft grote pole.
The beginnings of my 7ft grote pole.
A hypertufa water spitter.
A hypertufa water spitter.
A hypertufa birdbath.
A hypertufa birdbath.
hostaaddict

Post by hostaaddict »

Welcome to the forum, Wylie!! Wow, I can see that you are a hyperturfa "pro". Those are awesome. Please post more pics when finished with that pole. I can't even imagine how you would make something like that....Jackie
petal*pusher

Post by petal*pusher »

These are all great! I've sure had a good time meandering thru all these pics.......thanks!......p :wink:
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

Labor Day, it's raining in upstate NY,since I can't enjoy gardening,I thought I would post a few pictures of the metal sculpture I made for my front yard garden.I erected it in 1997, every year that followed I would plant something that would hang over the pot,Million bells, hanging Geraniums,etc.This year I planted the Hosta Sea Fire,it grew very well and I received many compliments,In the spring it shone like a pot of gold.During the Fall and Winter months,I decorate with pine boughs or Bittersweet,or a combo.of both.The gear is quite large,it is mounted on a Granite slab.I had this inscription in Italian cut into the stone,....Il Grande ingranag'gio arrugginito...Translates to, The big gear rusty...the article is put before the descripition,we would say The big rusty gear.I thought it needed something at the base,so I added the Horned Toad.I use a picture of it for my avatar.Following are a few pics.
Attachments
Horned Toad
Horned Toad
Close up of H.Sea Fire
Close up of H.Sea Fire
Il grande ingranag'gio arrugginito and H.Sea Fire
Il grande ingranag'gio arrugginito and H.Sea Fire
"No occupation is so delightful to me as the culture of the earth,and no culture comparable as that of the garden" (Thomas Jefferson) 1811
Rocco

Post by Rocco »

This is the pic of Bittersweet in the pot.
Rocco.
Attachments
Bittersweet
Bittersweet
"No occupation is so delightful to me as the culture of the earth,and no culture comparable as that of the garden" (Thomas Jefferson) 1811
New Topic Post Reply