Please share your Garden Junk, er... Art

Discuss garden design, share general garden pictures, or discuss general gardening topics not specifically related to another subject area.

Moderator: Chris_W

Justaysam

Post by Justaysam »

Thanks everyone for posting such great ART on this thread! I have been looking back and reviewing all the pics. I moved from that home I had when I started this thread, and I really do miss my garden :cry: The house was nothing to write home about, but I loved my garden and put a lot of sweat into it. Well, on to bigger and better things I hope! Here is some new art from my new garden. I still have all the old stuff, but have not found places for most of it, yet. This fist pic is for Leafmould and Dirtpig of my stepping stones. My DD 2nd grade class made them as a PTO fund raiser,and auctioned them off to us parents. They made 4, and auctioned them as 2 sets of 2. I snagged them both, for a very good price, for them by the way. Not very nice of me, but hey they are only in second grade once. I did realize I was not creating friends by doing this, and offered 2 to anyone who wanted to match my bid to the PTO, but had no takers, so I got to keep all 4! She knows every button or marble she layed in these stones!
Attachments
SamiSteppingStone.JPG
Justaysam

Post by Justaysam »

Lisa, these are the gazers. I thought about you every time I went shopping for the balls. The pedestals, I think were $6 and $9, early this spring. The balls cost me a bundle, but I had special free dollars from making purchases at the nursery all season, so they didn't quite break the bank, LOL.
Attachments
SmGazer.JPG
The creature my DH got at one of those art fairs. I keep moving him around, hard to place something like that.
The creature my DH got at one of those art fairs. I keep moving him around, hard to place something like that.
Justaysam

Post by Justaysam »

Old bird feeder, my DD say's she will use to keep a fairy in if she ever catches one.
Attachments
FairyCage.jpg
FairyCage.jpg (21.32 KiB) Viewed 289624 times
Don't know if you can call these gazing balls, just balls I have laid about thruout the plants, I also have 2 grey, a wood one, the white one is like a porcelain, the blk/wht is ceramic,I think
Don't know if you can call these gazing balls, just balls I have laid about thruout the plants, I also have 2 grey, a wood one, the white one is like a porcelain, the blk/wht is ceramic,I think
Justaysam

Post by Justaysam »

Last one, not really art, but a different kind of potting solution.
Attachments
Stumps.JPG
putnamgardens

dwarf & Dorothy

Post by putnamgardens »

I have guard dwarf. It watches Dorothy Benedict. This summer was the first year it "woke up" in my yard. It's considerable smaller than when it arrived last year. It's actually more divisions but the mound is smaller. I have all the dwarfs and Snow white. Later, Love, Lisa
Attachments
dwarf guarding Dorothy Benedict.jpg
dorothy Benedict.jpg
Have I mentioned lately that my drinking team has a hosta problem?
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Love all the pictures!! :D
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

O.C.'s Garden Art

Post by oldcoot »

Couldn't resist posting this this picture. Originally it was supposed to show the Hottunya in the shadebed, but the Fron looks better than the flowers. Just too much heat and too little rain.

Oh, when it works it also serves as a sprinkler.

O.C. in a jovial mood this morning............
Attachments
Frog Hottunia.jpg
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

Honestly I just dragged this gazer out of the garage yesterday and set it next to Titanic. They must be breeding or something....there everywhere. Later, Love, Lisa
Attachments
titanic with gazer.jpg
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

You all have sure turned "junk" into treasures! Love seeing all your stuff and ideas! :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

I love gazers and my new love of lilium. Later, Love, Lisa
Attachments
lily & gazer II.jpg
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

There's that liliy again!! :o

Names, Lisa....Names!!! :evil:

going to go see if she didn't already post the name in the daylily forum.....
oldcoot

I'm an Avid Lily Grower TOO !!

Post by oldcoot »

That is one beautiful Lily. What is it's name ??

I'm hoping CHris will add a Lilum forum to our group next year. I believe it will encourage many more of us who grow Liliums to post them so others can see them..

Congrats from O.C. the Lily Lover (along with Daylilies, Iris, Canna & now HOSTA)
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

This photo was taken in Iowa, in the garden of Audra & Fred Wilson. I love gazing balls and this looks like it would be in MY garden. Later, Love, Lisa
Attachments
my kinda gazer.jpg
Doris_J

Post by Doris_J »

This is cool--look what's on the front page of the Seattle Times today:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/a ... se31m.html
Cheryl

Post by Cheryl »

There sure has been some nice stuff posted. I was going to post pix's of an old Jeep hidden in the back but na.
Attachments
A garbage find...bifold doors turned into a corner shelf
A garbage find...bifold doors turned into a corner shelf
Maranda, the wind is temporary on the hemlock. Her eyes follow you in all directions
Maranda, the wind is temporary on the hemlock. Her eyes follow you in all directions
lamp.jpg
Cheryl

Post by Cheryl »

I forgot DH's interactive rock & rusty bird. Cheryl
Attachments
rustybird.jpg
rock.jpg
rock.jpg (19.16 KiB) Viewed 289503 times
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

Interesting article Doris . . . have you ever been by the place??

Cheryl, you've gotta explain . . . Interactive Rock? It's in a different position in the two pictures, does it move? How?
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
Doris_J

Post by Doris_J »

No, I didn't even know about this place until I saw the article. It's about an hour and a half south of me. I'm going to have to check it out!
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

Here's our latest guard dog garden sculpture. It won't bark, bit or jump. No pooper scooper needed. It cost us $20.- in raffle tickets. He's next to the dog house now but he's moving to the garden. Andy named him "Fred". Later, Love, Lisa
Attachments
jamoree dog.jpg
oldcoot

O.C. has a question for the Digital Gurus

Post by oldcoot »

Konica-Minolta Dimage A2 ?? It is 8.3 MP and comes with a host of accessories and a Photo Editing Program. Going at Wal-Mart for about 850.00 give or take a few dollars.

Best of all O.C. could use ALL of his Minolta Lenses that he already has..

O.C. would appreciate you comments as he is now on the prowl for some new hardware.
New Topic Post Reply