Went Garden Shopping!

Discuss garden design, share general garden pictures, or discuss general gardening topics not specifically related to another subject area.

Moderator: Chris_W

Midnight Reiter Too

Went Garden Shopping!

Post by Midnight Reiter Too »

Woo hoo! Talk about fun!

1 cement Standing Praying Angel

1 cell pack petunias
1 cell pack Dusty Miller
1 asparagus fern
1 cell pack blue ageratum
(all of the above to be combined with a geranium in one container)

1 'Crazy Daisy' shasta daisy
1 'Palace Purple' coral bells

I wanted more of the daisies and coral bells, but the angel took up my "allowance."

Have you all been plant shopping yet?
Give a Weed an Inch and it’ll Take a Yard
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

What fun!!! I haven't been to any of the garden centers yet around here. They are open, but I know that one of them doesn't open it's perennial house until the end of the month. I'm sure I'll not be able to resist the urge to "just stop in and look around" pretty soon. :lol:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Nice Haul MR! :)

It's a good thing I am behind in other hobbies, b/c that's where I'd be today with this rain overcast! JUST LOOKING mind you. My allowance will return home Friday! :) :lol:
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Dee

Post by Dee »

Ohhhh sounds like you had a fun day! I've been out shopping already, unfortunately! :eek: I've bought tons of annuals and am keeping them in the garage (just had to get the really cool stuff before it was all gone). Got a chamaecyparis (sp?) 'gold mops' grafted on a standard and some doubledecker coneflowers, umm... some purple yarrow, purple hollyhock, a tree peony, a funky malva, and a monkshood. i think that's it so far. *shew* gosh i love spring! happy planting!!!!!!!! (uh, when it warms up and stops raining! :evil: )
Midnight Reiter Too

Neato, Dee!

I don't have those but I'd like to get some monkshood and malva. The yarrow I planted about five years ago is popping up all over the yard. I think I'd better get rid of it. I wish I had a friend around here with your enthusiasm for annuals!
gardenkat

Post by gardenkat »

I made my first trip last week-got two 6 packs of pansies, a pruning saw and a small hanging ceramic pot with "pockets" on the side. It will be perfect to hang from a tree with some of my mini hostas in it.
When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.
--John Muir
Midnight Reiter Too

Mini hostas? What are mini hostas? They sound cool.
Dee

Post by Dee »

MR, I'll drive up and shop with you....take me to your local garden centers! :D :eek: :D I'm kidding...heck, my only day off is Sunday. No time for fun trips like that. :( But if we're ever in the same area, I'd love to shop with you! :D
gardenkat

Post by gardenkat »

MR-Not to change the subject of this thread, but since you asked...
Attachments
mini hostas in pots
mini hostas in pots
When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.
--John Muir
GardenDecor

Post by GardenDecor »

I have bought alot of seeds and bulbs online this year, and have been able to find many things i was not able to find at any stores. :)
GardenDecor

A good website for garden decor is:
http://www.gardendivine.net/
Midnight Reiter Too

gardenkat wrote:MR-Not to change the subject of this thread, but since you asked...
Are those baby hostas or do they stay small?
gardenkat

Post by gardenkat »

They're minis-a few of them were in their first year so will get a little bigger than they are in the picture, but they will always stay small.
--John Muir
Midnight Reiter Too

I sure like those minis.
Midnight Reiter Too

Dee wrote:MR, I'll drive up and shop with you....take me to your local garden centers! :D :eek: :D I'm kidding...heck, my only day off is Sunday. No time for fun trips like that. :( But if we're ever in the same area, I'd love to shop with you! :D
I could have used your company today! I bought 5 double impatiens, 3 Bressingham Blue hostas, 1 Heavenly Habit Jacob's ladder, and 1 pot of Penny Yellow jump-ups.

I'm pulling out my pink violets and putting the hostas, Jacob's ladder, and impatiens in there. It's going to take a lot of work to get rid of the Rozina violets.
New Topic Post Reply