New Backyard Alpine Garden (Before and After)

Discuss garden design, share general garden pictures, or discuss general gardening topics not specifically related to another subject area.

Moderator: Chris_W

mommatina
USDA Zone: 5

Post by mommatina »

Totally awesome... I love the stone work....
http://mccomaswv.com/Beartown/beartown_wv.htm
Tina
Challenges make you discover things about yourself that you never really knew.
hostaguy

Post by hostaguy »

ICGardner wrote:That is beautiful! Did you do all the work yourself?????? Can't wait to see it planted!

It was a collaberation. I designed the patio and the concept of the rockery, drystream, myself. I hired a landscaper fellow http://www.intepragardens.com to install the hardscaping, he did a great job! Of course I will be doing the planting myself. I can't wait to install the Thyme lawn!

My favorite part is the sitting rocks that the landscaper hand picked and placed, they're perfect for nestling yourself in with the landscape.

More pictures to come, I promise!
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Beautiful! Take a look in the cactus and suculent forum. Mike has some absolutely fantastic suculents that may give you some ideas.
Mike, hope ya don't mind me offering your pics. If I had the right site, that look would be what I'd be shooting for. :wink:
Pburgh

Post by Pburgh »

Wow, that's beautiful. What type of finish do you have on the stone to give it that beautiful polished look? (poly?)
hostaguy

Post by hostaguy »

Pburgh wrote:Wow, that's beautiful. What type of finish do you have on the stone to give it that beautiful polished look? (poly?)
Thank you, No special finish, that's just stone wetted down with plain old water. I suppose you could apply a wet look stone sealer. Not sure I'd want to risk it on the flagstone, that's expensive stuff!
Pburgh

Post by Pburgh »

Aahaa!!!! Water!!!! :D :D

It's gorgeous stone!!
New Topic Post Reply