Finally Getting A Garden Shed!!

Discuss garden design, share general garden pictures, or discuss general gardening topics not specifically related to another subject area.

Moderator: Chris_W

JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Finally Getting A Garden Shed!!

Post by JaneG »

WoooHooo!! We've had builders come out and give us estimates on a new small shed.

It's my good fortune that DH has run out of room for lumber inventory in his woodworking shop and needs to add more storage.

It's a win-win situation for both of us. We will build an 18x18 building with a center wall separating it into two 9x18 spaces. One side is for his lumber storage the other side will be my new garden shed. After the mower gets parked in the back of my half that will leave me with 9x12 for my stuff!!! I'm so excited I'm already planning the interior layout and making a cottage garden plan for the outside!! :D

I have an old enamel double sink with wings that's about 5 feet long. DH has promised to build a stand for it and it will serve as my potting bench. I salvaged it from my the old house where my mother grew up.

I'm so excited I had to post, even though we haven't signed the final contract yet. I'm just super-jazzed to finally be getting it!!!!

Show me pics of YOUR garden sheds! I need more ideas!
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Very exciting, Jane G. Looking forward to progress reports and pics. :D
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Jane..that sounds like it's going to be perfect for both of you! Congrats. I hope the builder's get it constructed quickly. Please show us pics of the project! :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

Sounds great, Jane!! :P

I have been contemplating a freestanding potting bench/storage unit for one spot in my garden. I have a potting bench I built years ago that's in my basement. Never gets used of course... :???: I'm thinking that it might work to use that & have a 'closet' on each end. One side for garden 'stuff' [spades, rakes, etc] and the other side to conceal the garbage can from view. Of course this is still in the preliminary mental~imaging stage. Years away from actually becoming a reality. :wink: LOL
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
New Topic Post Reply