Liquid Fence

Discuss garden design, share general garden pictures, or discuss general gardening topics not specifically related to another subject area.

Moderator: Chris_W

LucyGoose

Liquid Fence

Post by LucyGoose »

Okay, has anyone else found that it quits working? I have sprayed it, and then a few days later, sprayed it again.....every darn morning and evening I still have one in the yard or close.....I started spraying it on all the plants and under the hosta's which I never did....again this morning a fricken rabbit is in the newly fenced yard! :evil: :evil: Willie chases them.....It seems they don't care about the Liquid Fence now....What's that all about?? I recommend it to everyone....I do say that I have never seen so many that are seen out in the middle of the day here, too....

What would/do you do??

Thanks!!! :D
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Well Ms Goose, I'll trade ya your rabbits for my crows!! What do you spray for crows that don't care what it is they will tear it apart for whatever they use it for. What do you spray for them?? I took a look at that they were tearing apart and thought okay is it nest or food. So I pulled short dead branches off and laid them on the ground, low and behold they took them. So next was the hosta and palm treating apart, that must be food, right?? So I went and got old bread, plus netting and that stopped them so I feed their habit and I have watched other bird fly in for bread too! Now my hostas are safe and life is much easier with the netting to protect. Just a matter of weeks and they left the hostas alone! They don't eat the Brugs but will perch on top of the stumps, what a strange bunch these are. We just got some PVC and place them just right and put the netting on top.

Ya know you can make rabbit stew? :wink:
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Personally I don't think the Liquid Fence works as well on rabbits. I would start alternating between the liquid fence and blood meal. I take the blood meal on a slightly windy day and throw in in the air to make a dust that settles over the garden. I have better luck with the blood meal on rabbits.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Karma.....So sorry about the crows and I do not know what to do for them....

Chris, I used to use the blood meal....but LF was working till this year....I will run to the Wal-Mart and do some blood meal again...but we are to get rains tonight late and then on and off the rest of the week. I know we have to re-do the blood meal after rains.....And if I remember right, the dogs (well Ginger did) love blood meal too? Oh well.....I will do it.....I don't know which is worst.....the rabbits eating or Willie flying through plants to chase the rabbits...:lol: There are a couple lilies I got new last fall that the rabbits got to before I could see the blooms.... :evil:

Thanks you two!! :P
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Oh yes! I've use bone meal when I put bulbs in, and the danged dogs dug them all up looking for the for the bones! UGH!!!!!!!!
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

I can certainly sympathize with you LG. :( I would keep spraying and use the blood meal too as Chris suggested. They got several of my lilies but usually left one alone so I would at least get to see some blooms. My Royal Golds had three stalks coming up and they nipped off every one! Today I came home and found my foxglove from the daylily trade nipped off and the bloom stalk left laying there. :evil: I'll have to try the blood meal too.

Just think, in a few more weeks the babies will be out of the nest and I"ll have two more of them running around here. :eek:
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

LG just get Jay out there and tell him to do his business :lol: :lol: If not, wack him with a rolled up newspaper :lol:

Ginger
New Topic Post Reply