WOW!! To "hail" with it.......

Discuss garden design, share general garden pictures, or discuss general gardening topics not specifically related to another subject area.

Moderator: Chris_W

petal*pusher

WOW!! To "hail" with it.......

Post by petal*pusher »

:o Did we ever get hit last night! Golfball sized hail preceded a huge storm in our SE Michigan corner! (Chris, Brian...you O.K.??)

Leaves are covering the lawn...flowers stripped and torn laying down in all the gardens... :( I wonder what the farmers pumpkins will end up looking like in Oct.!

My hosta garden is pretty much sheltered in the back of the yard by overhanging trees...they're shredded also. The unusual triple-purple datura that surprised me by germinating from forgotten seed are still standing, but...well, looks pretty sad this a.m.

I am thankful my gardens are for my own enjoyment and escape...NOT what I make my living from...I wonder how the surrounding farmers fared...........p :roll:
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

Sorry about all the damage to your plants. That's :( .

I remember when we had hail that size and there was a lot of damage to vehicles and some broken windows. I hope your damages weren't too bad.

How did our other friends in that area come through? Hope everyone is okay!
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Ouch! We saw those storms come by and I knew from the look of them that there would be hail coming down. Luckily we were spared last night but they predict even more severe storms tonight.

Last night we were digging up as many hostas as we could until the lightning chased us indoors. I hope to have another hosta digging blitz today, just in case we DO get hail.

Sorry to hear about your damage :(

Chris
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

:o So sorry to hear that! Seems the storms are more weird than normal this year! Even the rain seems to dissipate <sp> before it gets to us!
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

So sorry for all your damage.

Good luck, Chris and Brian!
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
New Topic Post Reply