The worst weed in the world!

Discuss garden design, share general garden pictures, or discuss general gardening topics not specifically related to another subject area.

Moderator: Chris_W

Midnight Reiter Too

The worst weed in the world!

Post by Midnight Reiter Too »

Red Sorrel (Sheep Sorrel, Sourgrass, Indian Cane) is the worst weed I've encountered in Virginia and Indiana! :eek: ARGH! I hate that stuff. Now I see huge patches of it in the neighbor's yard. They didn't have that problem before.

It has numerous rhizomes and roots; I can never get rid of it.
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

Hey Midnight . . . why'd you have to post this?? After reading your post I googled sorrel . . . only to find out that I've seen it around here! :( Not a lot, but now I'm really worried and going to make sure they don't get a foothold in my beds.
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
Midnight Reiter Too

Post by Midnight Reiter Too »

I'm telling you that it's a bear! I don't know of any organic way to get rid of it! It's so annoying to start pulling on it and never get to the end of it! Sure, it eventually breaks when you're tugging, but that's not the end of the root system! :evil:
Give a Weed an Inch and it’ll Take a Yard
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:o I also have seen some here......Oh nooooooo :evil:
Garden_of_Mu
USDA Zone: 7

Post by Garden_of_Mu »

I'm battling it in a several beds. It is very difficult to get out completely. I can usually keep it under control if I find it early and am vigilant about pulling it all, but once it gets established it's impossible. Evil stuff. :evil:
~ Mike

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t
matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Theodore Geisel, aka Dr.
Seuss
New Topic Post Reply