Look What Sprouted Up Today

Discuss garden design, share general garden pictures, or discuss general gardening topics not specifically related to another subject area.

Moderator: Chris_W

kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Look What Sprouted Up Today

Post by kHT »

After two long years and the loss of 213 Brugmansias, removal of trees and shrubs this sprouted up today!
See Goose, fences do make for good neighbors! :wink:
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Re: Look What Sprouted Up Today

Post by JaneG »

It amazes me the changes your gardens can go through in a season! Beautiful!!!
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
kHT

Post by kHT »

Thank you Jane! Our world is changeing so one needs to change and sometimes it's forced. For those of you that don't know the story we have some serious neighbor issues!! This is what we felt was the best way to solve the issues and we should of done this some 10 years ago when the developer of this neighborhood to the north made an eight foot drop cut 6" from our 4' chainlink fence without proper permits. I have three different fences to the north of our property and after only 9 years these fences are starting to fall down. Two years ago this is what started the whole mess of loosing plants and a big change to our yard with the hosta gardens. What do you say to someone that drops their fence and makes a statement to you, "we want more yard and we want to sit in our yard and look at yours? " It's been a long battle of getting them to abide by what is supposed to be there and yes we were headed to court before they admitted they were in error. Mind you they still are on the neighbor to the wests property but that isn't my battle, ours was to protect our property rights and what we pay taxes on.
We value our privacy and this was a lesson that I don't wish on anyone! Our property is posted no tresspassing due to them.
More changes to come!! :wink:
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

I love the look of that fence! They just look so good with the white background and the green plants in the front.

Your yard is beautiful!
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
kHT

Post by kHT »

Thank you Annie, we love to play and started landscaping this area this past week. We have started on the east side in the graveled area to redo it and have made it to the river rock area behind the shed. I was dragged to the HD big box this weekend and found the wall blocks so we started on that. We have noted it sure is a blessing for the brugmansia and nanas to have less north winds and I'm betting a micro climate has been created with the light off this. The tree rats hate this fence and can't figure it out. Yes Mike, this lower level is where we will be planting all the iris and adding 200 more!!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

k....that looks really good! Every time I think about the struggles you've had with neighbors, I feel so lucky to not have neighbors encroaching on my space.
I'm insulated by farm fields on all four sides, two of them our own fields.
Do you still have some brugs? I can't imagine a world where kHT doesn't have brugs!
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
kHT

Post by kHT »

Thanks LindaP, yes we still have a few brugs and have some of the new seedlings planted in the ground for the last few weeks of the growing season. We had a great laugh this weekend as we watch this jerk up on his steep roof looking to see
what we were doing in our yard. Mind you this roof is really steep and it's the only way now they can see into the yard. I have also learned they no longer have an attorney. :lol: We caught them in the unteenth lie and what can one say? Our bet is she left them due to what they did made them all look bad? :wink: If I could live out in the country I sure would, you are so lucky!!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
kHT

Post by kHT »

Since I couldn't add photos earlier let's add them now, here is the latest area we have been working on.
We decided to put in a retaining wall and move the cannas upward and a lady in CA just sent me 200
more iris to put in the lower spot so this will wrap around to the other area with iris and we hope to put some
of our clemmies up in behind the iris area. I would like the whole north side by the fence in iris!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
New Topic Post Reply