How depressing!

Discuss garden design, share general garden pictures, or discuss general gardening topics not specifically related to another subject area.

Moderator: Chris_W

Midnight Reiter Too

How depressing!

Post by Midnight Reiter Too »

We asked for an estimate on a sprinkler system and learned that we can't have one. The well is inadequate and the pipe is only one and a half inches. We can never afford another well so that dream is squashed. :bawl:
Give a Weed an Inch and it’ll Take a Yard
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Re: How depressing!

Post by kHT »

Invest in some rain barrels!! I have to many plants/flowers for a sprinkler system!! :lol:
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
Spider
USDA Zone: 9A

Post by Spider »

Oh, that just sucks! Now you're just going to want it more!
Spider's Hosta List There are photos there too :)

"I gotta have more cowbell!" SNL

"If your gecko is broken you have a reptile dysfunction."

"If you don't talk to your cat about catnip...who will?"
Gardentoad
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Gardentoad »

Karma, How do you use the water from your barrels? I have mine on top of cinder blocks,2 blocks high, and I can fill a watering can fine, but when I attach a hose to the spigot the water barely drissels out even to add water to a pond. Most of my beds are slightly raised so I would have to water almost everything with a can.
some of my barrels are near outside outlets if could figure out a way to put a pump on it. I would need an outside pump that I could carry to different barrels.
Never before have so few with so much promised to take away so much from so many and then laugh their asses off as the so many with so little vote for the so few with so much.

---James Pence
Midnight Reiter Too

Post by Midnight Reiter Too »

kHT wrote:Invest in some rain barrels!! I have to many plants/flowers for a sprinkler system!! :lol:
:eek: I have three problems with that: a large yard, a very bad knee, and summer heat. I wanted a sprinkler system so I wouldn't have to lug hoses/watering cans everywhere. One time I stayed outdoors too long and ended up in the ER with very high blood pressure.
Give a Weed an Inch and it’ll Take a Yard
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

So sorry Gardentoad, I'm just getting so busy and dealing with so much on my plate these days, sorry I missed this until now.
The north ones are the only ones up and running so far, just to busy to get the others set up, plus I need to take out two blue
berry shrubs. If only I can figure out how not to that would be great but the room on the south side is screwed up, down spout is
in the wrong place. Then I am forbidden to put any tacky rain barrels out front, heck the neighbor has a toilet and a tacky school bus so
why can't I put a rainbarrel out there?? I find sometimes I need to hook the water hose to the main line that is heavy duty hose out to
up under the trees, that line is hocked to soaker hoses that water the west end. If my memory serves me there are 3 soakers out there
and flush it open, the rainbarrel then will flow and empty in about an hour. I use the watering can in the late afternoon when the shade hits
and I can water the ones that need it. Our over flow hose goes to the raised bed off the deck. Yell if you need a photo. We have 4 hooked up
now and we are thinking of adding a couple more soon now that the wall was fixed, just needs another coat of paint.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
New Topic Post Reply