Totally scored on some orchids!

Use this area to talk about tender plants such as annuals, tropicals, and houseplants.

Moderator: Chris_W

caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Totally scored on some orchids!

Post by caliloo »

The same lady who was giving away the roses I got last Sunday(see my post on the Rose Forum if you are curious), just ran a listing on Craigs List for some orchids. I called her this morning and picked them up today. I have spent a bit of time googling them and found a bit of info but not a lot. I think some of them may have gone through name changes or reclassification or something....

Anyway, if anyone has any of the following I would LOVE to see photos and hear about how to keep them happy. BTW - she has been growing them "semi-hydro" and encouraged me to do the same.

cochleatum 'John'
alata
Prosthechea ionophlebi
Prosthechea garciana 'pink zebra'
green hornet
Encyclia "Hereford Jewel"
Encyclia NOID (she lost the tag, it is setting buds so I will be posting photos and begging for an id soon)
Cattelya - "very large white"

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
Deb118

Post by Deb118 »

Sorry, no help here. Just admiration for people who can care for them :D DH's cousin's wife has a couple, and they are SO pretty! But the way she talks, they are just too much for me to try. I kill house plants :???:
"Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." -Langston Hughes
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Well I have 2 that are doing great as far as the folage, but no blooms......I know where is a girl that grows them where I get my hair done.....I am not sure what she does with them......What do you mean by "semi-hydro"?

Good Luck!! :P
New Topic Post Reply