All Gone

Use this area to talk about tender plants such as annuals, tropicals, and houseplants.

Moderator: Chris_W

kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

All Gone

Post by kHT »

viewtopic.php?t=28237

Remember the View post? Well look at it now, all tucked in and ready for bed! :wink:
kHT

Post by kHT »

Well the plastic has been removed and yesterday we got the tilling all done. Life outside the forums is now in full swing and I thought some of you would enjoy seeing this get built on a month to month bases? Now this is just a fourth of the yard so you get a serious peak into my world.
kHT

Post by kHT »

We are now moving them outside to the north side of the house so we can start planting shortly.
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

KHT, do you leave those in pots or do they have to be repotted every year?
Midnight Reiter Too

Post by Midnight Reiter Too »

Wow! My hubby is no gardener so I'd have an awful lot of work to do by myself. That must be spectacular in bloom. What month do they start blooming?
Give a Weed an Inch and it’ll Take a Yard
kHT

Post by kHT »

Sorry OED, been burning the candle on both ends again. Most of them are in a gallon pot and need bumped up to the 5 gallon. We have found that is the biggest I want to deal with at this time. Some are in larger pots and I'm having to be real careful moving them. The larger ones will be removed from their 20 gallon pots and trimmed back and put back into their pots and not be put in larger pots. I have 4~32 gallon pots that I need DS to help with, seriously thinking they need to be down sized this year.
Yes they do stay in their pots and this year we are going to be sinking a pot in the ground and then sink them in their pots into the second pot. Most of them have large wholes in the side of their pots so the roots can run free.

MidnightR, it depends on their 'Y' as to when they will bloom. We tend to cut them back to far to make sure we share with those that want them. But this year we didn't cut a lot of them back to far and hope to have them bloom sooner. We did have some of the bloom during the winter months in the greenhouse, I hate to see them bloom during the period they rest. The last date for our freeze is April 15 so I'm really dragging my feet in getting them out into the ground. On the north side of the house they have some protection but they are out in the open and getting air. I'll let you know when the first one blooms, watch for the photos. But by fall the whole back yard is in bloom!
New Topic Post Reply