O.C.'s '05 House plants

Use this area to talk about tender plants such as annuals, tropicals, and houseplants.

Moderator: Chris_W

oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

O.C.'s '05 House plants

Post by oldcoot »

This little feller grow hard all winter sitting in the sun with very little water. In several more weeks, it will be moved outside to the sun porch and put on a stand where it will continue to get plenty of sun and stay until we bring it in, in the fall....

That FUNNY and VERY FRIENDLY Old Coot saying, he SURE is glad Spring is finally here....For him
Attachments
House-Plants (2).jpg
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
Midnight Reiter Too

Post by Midnight Reiter Too »

Wouldn't ya know some ol' southerner would start braggin' about his early spring! :wink: Sheesh! Well, it was like spring today, but we know it's too early to count on.
Give a Weed an Inch and it’ll Take a Yard
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Oh Coot, I am so sorry I missed another post of yours.....Between work and Curtis..........sorry!

I have a living room full of plants that will go outside soon as it warms up, too....I can't wait! Especially the big Ginger plants that DH calls corn stalks.....:lol: Got them a couple years ago at the flower show in Chicago, and they just look like a bunch of corn stalks.....:lol: Maybe in like 25 years they will bloom....:lol:

Thanks for the picture! :D
oldcoot

That's O.K. Lucy

Post by oldcoot »

O.C. does enjoy his inside plants. All of them will probably go out on his sun porch in another week, if it stays warm at night. even his Christmas Cactus. His Aloe that is really getting TOO big for the pot, excuse me the contgainer, will probably be divided and put completely out side on the deck. If he keepsi it watered it grows real WELL out there

Thanks again for looking................

That FUNNY and VERY FRIENDLY Old Coot saying, he SURE is glad Spring is finally here....For him, and hopes it will be for you soon.
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
oldcoot

Comment on Aloe & other house plants

Post by oldcoot »

DID divide it, and made 5 clumps out of it and planted some out with the Hostas, and some in another bed. Will dig up, re-pot and bring inside this fall before they freeze...

Another house plant that does real well for O.C. ,the original of was given to him years ago at about this size. Never did knosw the name, and if he did, had a senior moment and forgot it. It also Grew so large that it too had to be divided and re-potted. This is one of the new roots taking off.....

It is now in a corner of my deck where it get about as much shade as sun..With the recent rains, it has really taken off..........John that funny and most friendly Old COot.
Attachments
Housde plant on deck-05.jpg
New Topic Post Reply