Anyone have any new to them, annuals this year?

Use this area to talk about tender plants such as annuals, tropicals, and houseplants.

Moderator: Chris_W

Justaysam

Anyone have any new to them, annuals this year?

Post by Justaysam »

I got some neat salvia, they have huge powder blue flowers. Nothing new, they were introduced in something like 1938, but I had never seen them before and put in 3. I also have been seeing pony tail grass at plantings around the shopping centers here. It gets about 2 1/2 to 3ft tall, and turns a golden color later in the season, looks just like the tail on a horse. I bought 3 of those too. It's raining out right now, I will take pics if we have nicer weather in the morning and post them. Anyone else trying anything new?
Curlylocks

Post by Curlylocks »

Browallia. Recommend it to anyone. It's blue, hanging in two pots and it's spectacular.
PeggyB

Post by PeggyB »

I found a 'new to me' fuschia this year. I've never been able to grow those gorgeous, large flowered varieties. I don't know the name of this one but it's like the Fuschia's answer to the mini hostas. It has very small pink flowers. I don't have a pic but will get one soon! I've grown Gartenmeister's for the past few years but the color isn't my fav so I'm giving this 'pink' a try.
New Topic Post Reply