It's a Brug, Oh no it's not.

Use this area to talk about tender plants such as annuals, tropicals, and houseplants.

Moderator: Chris_W

Gruntfuttock

It's a Brug, Oh no it's not.

Post by Gruntfuttock »

I bought some Thompson & Morgan Brugmansia seeds this year, and the first one has flowered. It's growing upwards, it's a datura.

If I had wanted a datura I would have bought a packet. I already have 20 of them.

Looking at their web site I see they have changed the name to datura. The catalogue number has stayed the same 7182, they've just renamed it. I have the packet here clearly marked Brugmansia.

I am not a happy boy. That has put my garden plans back a year so I have just sent them an email demanding answers.
Zone: This is England we don't do zones. Pick any number between 2 and 11

http://www.zyxwv.co.uk/

There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
John

Post by John »

This is a frustrating event, and as you said, puts your plans a year behind. T & M does need to keep up with the changes in nomenclature. I know they recently were offering a purple Belamcanda, which does not exist; Belamcanda is found only in yellow and orange, anything else is a Pardancanda (Pardanthopsis x Belamcanda). I am sure other members here expert in different genera will have found other inconsistancies.

If you can obtain Brugmansia seeds now, they should be blooming sized plants by next summer. Better yet, see if you can find someone with plants and trade for some cuttings, which will root easily in water.
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Richard, make a phone call to them and explain it clearly to them. I got the first sanguinea seeds from them and it took 3 years to get that darn thing to bloom. Only it was a white and no where near the red sang. I had saved the package and read back to them the lot and numbers so they refunded my money. Let me see if I have any seeds here, PM me.
New Topic Post Reply