My Brugs

Use this area to talk about tender plants such as annuals, tropicals, and houseplants.

Moderator: Chris_W

LucyGoose

My Brugs

Post by LucyGoose »

OMG, I can not believe how these things are blooming.....This is my first year with them, and Thanks to Karma I WILL be doing more of them....:lol: This is the most blooms at one time for them and it's the first time for the cross that Karma gave me of hers.....Now what kills me is I have to work till closing tonight which means 10-10:30pm is when I will get home, and we are going to get much needed rain.....BUT why tonight? I have my parents and other people coming over at dark (while I am at work) to see these.....Anyway, I enjoyed last night and so did DH....

Thanks Karma for teaching me.... :D
Attachments
Karma, this is your cross....
Karma, this is your cross....
It's so hard for me to get them at night....
It's so hard for me to get them at night....
This is this morning
This is this morning
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

More.....
Attachments
Karma's cross
Karma's cross
Karma, this is one of the blooms in the cross of yours.....It's the only one that looks like this, this morning....Is it just the way is is closing, or is it doing something cool?
Karma, this is one of the blooms in the cross of yours.....It's the only one that looks like this, this morning....Is it just the way is is closing, or is it doing something cool?
Man.....I can't take it......LOL
Man.....I can't take it......LOL
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

You are doing great!
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

They are gorgeous! :cool:

The biggest bud on mine hasn't quite opened yet, maybe tonight.
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
mommatina
USDA Zone: 5

Post by mommatina »

WOW!!! I love those.. they are just gorgous.. I got some double yellow seed in a trade recently..I can't wait till spring...
http://mccomaswv.com/Beartown/beartown_wv.htm
Tina
Challenges make you discover things about yourself that you never really knew.
Justaysam

Post by Justaysam »

Beautiful Lucy! And Karma! I love the pink brugs. Did you have them in pots and then sink them? Will you overwinter them?
Deb118

Post by Deb118 »

Very pretty! I just picked up a Maya the other day. It had 30 blooms on it! :o
"Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." -Langston Hughes
kHT

Post by kHT »

Deb, be careful of that one! :???:
Deb118

Post by Deb118 »

Why is that? :o
"Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." -Langston Hughes
kHT

Post by kHT »

That just isn't a Brugmansia a newbie should start with. Best of luck! :???:
Deb118

Post by Deb118 »

Well, thanks for giving me details, Karma.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Thanks you all!!

Oh man, when I pulled into the driveway tonight, my neighbor lady had her nose in the flowers in the front! Now this is like 10:45pm :lol: I can not believe how many flowers are open tonight!!!! It is just awesome!!! And tonight my front and side of the house by the back door smells excellent!! OMG, I will have more next year.....:lol:

Linda, yes I have them in pots and sink them in the ground.....But the one I have in the back I have in a pot, and then in a HUGE pot.

Deb, that Maya is the variegated one, right? Where did you find that one at? I hear they are hard to keep alive. Shoot us a picture of it.....They are pretty!

I'll post more pictures if they come out good tomorrow..... :D Hitting the sack so I can be up at 5:30-6am to see them.....:lol:
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Morning.....I don't think I can take this Karma.....I am up at 5:45 this morning, and before my coffee even, I have to go outside to look at these durn plants! It's raining softly out and boy do we need it. The brugs are still looking good....I feel like I want to have everyone I know come look before they disappear! :lol: I hope I don't bore you with pic's. It's getting more and more light out now, so I will be out there again in a min to try to get that perfect picture.....:lol: Again, I hope I am not boring you all....I just can't get over these.... :P
Attachments
Linda, here is the one I did in the back....
Linda, here is the one I did in the back....
They are so hard to get a good picture of, it seems to me.....These just do not compair to standing here in front of them in person....It is just awesome!!
They are so hard to get a good picture of, it seems to me.....These just do not compair to standing here in front of them in person....It is just awesome!!
s 034.jpg
mommatina
USDA Zone: 5

Post by mommatina »

Just wondering if you can collect seeds from these.. I sure would be interested... and how easy are they to grow from seed?

BTW.. Lucy.. magnificent... Thanks so much for sharing...
http://mccomaswv.com/Beartown/beartown_wv.htm
Tina
Challenges make you discover things about yourself that you never really knew.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Thankls Tina!

I have no idea about seeds.... Karma??.....Wonder if they take a long time from seed?
Justaysam

Post by Justaysam »

Seeds take awhile, you can take cuttings and root them. Are you going to try and overwinter them, or take cuttings?
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Well both, Linda.....Karma will have to teach me where to cut them to cut and bring inside.....I hope to keep the 3 I have going and then start new ones from the cuttings.....They will be my hosta shade.....:lol: or I hope so, anyway....Hope the golfer's like them...:lol:
Deb118

Post by Deb118 »

Gonna try and post some pics. The one of mine is kinda funky. DH had a stump burning in the background :???:
Attachments
Brugs 002.jpg
Brugs 002.jpg (16.48 KiB) Viewed 2928 times
Deb118

Post by Deb118 »

THAT turned out real well, didnt it :evil: :roll:
Now, here is a pic of the plant mine came from (I think) Did it Wildcat? I hope you dont mind me snatching it and posting it :D
Attachments
normal_V2.jpg
Wildcat

Post by Wildcat »

Hi Deb,

I kind of like the smoky picture adds a little mystical look to it.

Yes, my variegated is the Mother plant of yours. The picture of mine was shot on September 7th. It has since gone into full bloom and was incredible! Easily over 200 flowers.

I'll post a some pictures in a few days.

The variegated brugs look nice even when they aren't flowering, but when they do, they are breathtaking...and extremely fragrant as well.
Wildcat
Locked Locked