My Hoya

Use this area to talk about tender plants such as annuals, tropicals, and houseplants.

Moderator: Chris_W

Wildcat

My Hoya

Post by Wildcat »

Hello all,

Here are two pictures of my hoya flowering. This is from the second flush this Summer. It is currently on it's third.

Wildcat
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Pretty Wildcat!! :D

Thanks for sharing!! :D
Deb118

Post by Deb118 »

That's the one you said tastes like honey, isnt it? :D Sure wish I didnt kill house plants :roll:
"Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." -Langston Hughes
Wildcat

Post by Wildcat »

Actually, this is the one that smells like chocolate.

The one that gets the large nectar drops that taste like honey is this one below, here are pictures from this Spring.
Wildcat
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Wildcat, is that Krinkle I see there? We have one and it used to go all the way down our front eves but I took the nippers to it so now I have many plants! :lol:
Wildcat

Post by Wildcat »

Well, there is debate on the GW site whether it is Krinkle8, Compacta, or has both in the same pot. All the flowers look identical though.

And it gets a lot of sun (to flower so profusely) so the leaves don't look so pretty and dark green.
Wildcat
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Wildcat the top 2 photos it appears to be the Krinkle and the bottom 3 appears to be the Compacta. Are they all taken of the same plant? Krinkle is sure the waver of the two. Beautiful plant and one has got to love them for their blooms! They sure get heavy once you start winding them upward around the pot so they don't drag on the ground. Ours were 12 years old before we cut them back. Have you tried to root a leaf?
Wildcat

Post by Wildcat »

First two pictures was the one I was referring to that the debate was about.

The second three pictures are of a different plant. I thought it was just a common hoya. It is much different from the other one, in the way the flowers look, the growing habit, flat smooth leaves, very vine like, etc.

I really do not know what they are, but they grow easily and flower extremely well.

They have a few dozen large hanging baskets of both of them for sale cheap at the greenhouse near me from cuttings of these two plants.
Wildcat
Deb118

Post by Deb118 »

David,
Do you know if Rhonda has taken any of them up town? I have had SO many people asking me for things like that.
"Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." -Langston Hughes
Wildcat

Post by Wildcat »

Hi Deb,

She had one of the second type that was flowing there the day I met you.

With one of these large ones, someone could make well over a hundred cuttings from them.
Wildcat
Deb118

Post by Deb118 »

Your not talking me into Hoyas. When someone asks for house plants, I tell them honestly.... "I kill house plants" :lol:
Wildcat

Post by Wildcat »

LOL!
Wildcat
notmartha
USDA Zone: 6a

Post by notmartha »

all i can say is :o wow :o
those are GREAT looking plants!
New Topic Post Reply