New orange Imp.

Use this area to talk about tender plants such as annuals, tropicals, and houseplants.

Moderator: Chris_W

Justaysam

New orange Imp.

Post by Justaysam »

For all those orange Haters/Lovers, you know who you are. The darker ones are more orange, the lighter ones are a peach tone. I couldn't resist them. They will go in the shade with some copper coleus and fire orange million bells.
Attachments
orangeImp.JPG
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

I like those :D :cool:

Ginger
Squash Blossom

Post by Squash Blossom »

I love orange flowers - I LOVE COLOR period! :D I used to methodically select what colors went with what other colors and then I just gave up and started choosing bright colors!

Here is a hibiscus I've had for several years. It's really a little more orange than the picture makes it appear. The first year I had it (actually three small plants) I planted the dark leaf potato vine in the pot with it. It was gorgeous for about a month, then the potato vine swallowed the hibiscus, the table the pot was sitting on, and several feet of the fence! :eek:

That same summer I planted dark leaf potato vines in containers on the old ladder on my front porch. Kudzu wouldn't have been anymore aggressive! We couldn't get in and out the front door!
Attachments
DSC00692 (resized).jpg
DSC00692 (resized).jpg (23.96 KiB) Viewed 1990 times
To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow.
tsneal

Post by tsneal »

Oh I love orange!!!! These will look great!
Justaysam

Post by Justaysam »

You know, these have not done that great. They were very touchy to the cool temps early on and are having a hard time getting going. They are still alive, but are long and leggy. I think they need to test this one some more before it is really one for every garden like the standby pink, white, purple and reds. I still like them in my window boxes, but the other plants I have in with them are doing better.
New Topic Post Reply