Gloriosa

Use this area to talk about tender plants such as annuals, tropicals, and houseplants.

Moderator: Chris_W

LucyGoose

Gloriosa

Post by LucyGoose »

I am in love!! I bought this at Wally World, and out of the 3 bulbs, or whatever you call them, only one did really good and is blooming now.....one never came up, then one is half the size and the foliage looks different.....kinda like variegated....:hmm:.....

But this flower is just too cool! I love it!!
Attachments
s 089.jpg
s 089.jpg (58.14 KiB) Viewed 2657 times
John

Post by John »

Fabulous! I've tried these several times, and have never seen a bloom. Maybe once more...?
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Oh, I am tickled John!! There are more buds than this one, too.....7 of them! :D I didn't do anything but stick the pot in the full sun.....and only one out 3 did anything....:lol: Good Luck if you do try again, John! :D
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

Oh, that's very pretty too! :cool:
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Oh Goose, wow what a great photo and I knew you would love this one too. I think we have another tropical addict!
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Missed tis one last year

Post by oldcoot »

OC has planted them several times, usually in pots on deck, but never had one even come up. But then he waited for 3-4 years for his Peruvian Lily to come up and he dumped the dirt in the same spot, so maybe he will have a surprise this year.......OC dreaming of a pretty spring...
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Question Lucy

Post by oldcoot »

Forgot to ask, what time of year did you plant it. OC has always planted his in the fall, should he have plated later ? When did you plant your ,? :-? :-? :-?

Thanks Coot
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
New Topic Post Reply