Favorite canna

Use this area to talk about tender plants such as annuals, tropicals, and houseplants.

Moderator: Chris_W

Libby

Favorite canna

Post by Libby »

Everything you read about Australia is true! The leaves are glossy and dark but an added bonus is what happens when the sun shines just right - it turns blood red :P
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

That one is really pretty, does it have a name? We have a deep colored one like that that we got in a trade that they just called it blood red. Is the bloom red? I'll have to post some later when the comp is running better.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
Libby

Post by Libby »

That is the name - Australia, and it will have an orange bloom. Not seeing much foliage growth yet so I hope it's settling in OK. I only have experience with Tropicana!
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Oh Libby that one is just beautiful with the sun shining throught it. I'm going to have to move our as I see it's not getting enough sun where it's at. We have three big beds of cannas that we have gotten in trades and this past couple of years I have been hybridizing those. I have 8 new ones from two years ago and a full flat from last year that is just poking up. The are so much fun to play with and I am beginning to see them take over like the hostas!
Will add some photos when my computer gets out of the shop.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
New Topic Post Reply