A rock & a hard place.

Use this area to talk about tender plants such as annuals, tropicals, and houseplants.

Moderator: Chris_W

Gruntfuttock

A rock & a hard place.

Post by Gruntfuttock »

Most of my brugs are still in the garden in pots, but I have one which is 7' tall and sloping in its pot.

When the wind got up and blew it over about a month ago I put it in the conservatory, but yesterday I noticed the dreaded red spider mites were attacking it so I put it outside again.

While I was out playing in the quiz league this evening the wind got up and is now blowing a gale. I arrived home to find it laying on the ground.

So I can either have it smashed up by the wind or eaten by mites. The obvious answer is to prune it and leave it outside, but that would mean cutting through the main stem which doesn't seem a good idea to me.

Maybe I 'll bury the pot in the soil out there and let it get battered.
Zone: This is England we don't do zones. Pick any number between 2 and 11

http://www.zyxwv.co.uk/

There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Just strip off the leaves and if you feel the need to cut it back don't cut below the first 'Y' or you will have a while to see it bloom. Just stripping off the leaves will help with the mite problems. Yell if you need more of a direction!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

This may not be helpful, as I don't know a thing about brugs, but Disulfoton systemic does a really good job controlling spider mites. It smells really bad the first few days after you apply it, so you may want to apply it and wait a few days to bring it in.
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
Gruntfuttock

Post by Gruntfuttock »

I've never heard of Disulfoton systemic, but have used a powerful systemic before which the mites love. They laugh and spit it out at me.

I've been trying to get hold of neem oil, but can't get it anywhere.

There aren't any big leaves left on this one, but there are thousands of small leaves where next year's buds have burst due to ouw mld autumn. All the Y's are too high to make much difference.
Zone: This is England we don't do zones. Pick any number between 2 and 11

http://www.zyxwv.co.uk/

There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
New Topic Post Reply