Voodoo plant?

Use this area to talk about tender plants such as annuals, tropicals, and houseplants.

Moderator: Chris_W

Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Voodoo plant?

Post by Annie »

We went and had our taxes done a while back. The lady that does it lives on a farm with her husband.

Walking into her house, man it smelt baaaaad. Like a dead animal. When we got to the door I seen she had those plants that smell like a dead thing. In full bloom hehe.

Well her hubby came in and said I could take some with me if I wanted. So I took one. It was only like 4" tall at the time. Man it is shooting up FAST!

They said not to water it or do anything with it until all frost has passed, then to plant it outside. I have no idea how it grows, it's in a really hard clump of dry dirt. Don't laugh at my planter :D

Here are a couple pics of it.

Attachments
plant1.jpg
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
Spider
USDA Zone: 9A

Post by Spider »

:lol: Sorry, I laughed at the planter! That thing looks pretty cool. Good luck getting it to stink! :)
Spider's Hosta List There are photos there too :)

"I gotta have more cowbell!" SNL

"If your gecko is broken you have a reptile dysfunction."

"If you don't talk to your cat about catnip...who will?"
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Oh my, what a find!! I hope it doesn't stink ya out of house and home? I have a friend that grows these.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

Yeah, I think it might be getting ready to bloom.
I hope it stays warm outside :)

Cause the lady that gave it to me had some blooming, boy they stink like a dead thing thats been outside in the heat waaaay to long :lol:

I measured it the day before yesterday and then again yesterday, it grew 3" in just one day.
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

I was thinking the same thing, that I hope that thing doesn't bloom in the house :lol:
New Topic Post Reply