SpiderPlant!

Use this area to talk about tender plants such as annuals, tropicals, and houseplants.

Moderator: Chris_W

Muffy
USDA Zone: 5

SpiderPlant!

Post by Muffy »

Here is a monster spiderplant me & Annie got today at Hoerr's Nursery. This thing is huge!! And it was regular $30....CLEARANCE....$4.....WooHoo! I have it at my house trying to divide it. Talk about a big chore......WOW! Think Annie got the better end of the deal...she buys & I separate....LOL.

In joy or sadness, flowers are our constant friends.
- Kozuko Okakura
~~Bev~~
Annie

Re: SpiderPlant!

Post by Annie »

Good lord this thing is HUGE!! Thanks for giving me the BIG half :eek:

Bev cut it in half and gave me the big half LOL. Right now it's sitting on the kitchen counter in a bucket because I don't have a pot big enough for it to fit in!

So I guess I'll have like 100 billion pots all over my kitchen after I cut it up into smaller plants :lol: :lol:
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
Gardentoad

Post by Gardentoad »

Beautiful plant.
I can grow a big mamma plant but I never have masses of babies. I'll have maybe 10-12 at a time.
It may be that I don't keep them rootbound enough. Mine are in big pots.
Never before have so few with so much promised to take away so much from so many and then laugh their asses off as the so many with so little vote for the so few with so much.

---James Pence
Annie

Post by Annie »

Yea, I think they have to be pretty much root bound. Ask Muffy LOL she almost had to saw it in half :lol:
I still have mine in a bucket, just got ahold of some pots, now I have to get some potting soil and I'll be ready to cut it up :)
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
Muffy

Post by Muffy »

It was originally in one of those cardboard pots that are really really tough to break! Had roots coming from everywhere. It was a difficult plant to repot. Glad when it was over. I now have about 4 pots of little babies everywhere. HAHA....I'm a spider mom? :eek: :lol: :lol: And my sister, Annie in here has the other 1/2. Walk into my house & you'll feel like singing,"In The Jungle The Mighty Jungle"... :lol: :lol: :lol: :pumpkin:
In joy or sadness, flowers are our constant friends.
- Kozuko Okakura
~~Bev~~
New Topic Post Reply