My poor aching back.

Use this area to talk about tender plants such as annuals, tropicals, and houseplants.

Moderator: Chris_W

Gruntfuttock

My poor aching back.

Post by Gruntfuttock »

Although all my back garden is lawn there was a weed patch, so I found it irresistible to dig it over and tidy up the edges where it meets the lawn. As I'm only here for a year or so I don't want to spend too much money on it so I bought a mixed bag of daff. and narcissus bulbs for £10.00 and planted them yesterday, there must have been about 500 bulbs.

Then to finish off I planted a pack of 3 Allium Christophii bulbs which I embarrassingly won in the raffle at the first meeting of the local gardening society I attended. We had those in the park and I will always try to fit them in to any garden I design.

In the spring I'll grow some annual seeds and fill the bed with colour.

Well, you couldn't expect me to go another year without any gardening, could you.
Zone: This is England we don't do zones. Pick any number between 2 and 11

http://www.zyxwv.co.uk/

There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Re: My poor aching back.

Post by kHT »

Oh you poor thing! I knew you would be out in the dirt as one finds that is so relaxing
even as a renter! You should of put them in pots and sunk them that way so you can take
them with after your year is up? Photos in the spring please!
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

:lol:

I know what you mean, Mr. G! We lived out of state (Colorado) for a year back in 2000. I had never been a renter before...even though I wasn't into gardening like I am now, I still had to fertilize and clean up the lawn and reshape/edge the beds that were there. Just couldn't stand it!

Funny thing is, that I think living in Colorado actually fueled my gardening fever. For those of you that don't know, parts of Co are arid desert-like places with only decomposed granite for 'soil.' Just about the only thing that will grow there are yuccas. I missed my gardening so much, that when I got back to Kansas is when I started going crazy.... :lol:

Wishing you the best!

BTW, do you miss working at the park?
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
Gruntfuttock

Post by Gruntfuttock »

I enjoyed working in the park, I had to be there at 7:30 weekday mornings which was a jolt to my system, but I liked that time of the morning. The dog walkers were very friendly and we would chat. Once I got into a routine it was really good. The boss left me to do what I wanted and I ended up ordering him around which he didn't seem to mind. Tough if he did, he was a lazy sod.

I wasn't sorry to leave though, I had had enough and with winter coming there wasn't much more to do for a few months. I had turned round a tired looking garden and it was so nice to get compliments from the general public and the top bosses, I've never had that before.

I haven't worked since the middle of September, but preparing to start the company has been tedious in the extreme.
Zone: This is England we don't do zones. Pick any number between 2 and 11

http://www.zyxwv.co.uk/

There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Midnight Reiter Too

Post by Midnight Reiter Too »

Did you take photos of your daffodils?
Give a Weed an Inch and it’ll Take a Yard
New Topic Post Reply