Osteospermum Lavender Mist question

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Osteospermum Lavender Mist question

Post by Chris_W »

Has anyone here grown this or have info on it? Also called Sun Daisy, it is listed as 12" high, 15" wide, hardy in zones 5 - 8. I've seen the catalog pages, but was hoping to find info on what it is really like. A self seeding, ratty looking weed or a cool perennial that I really need to have or something in between?

Thanks!
ICGardner

Post by ICGardner »

Chris- For information on perennials, I use a book called "Botanica The Illustrated A-Z of Over 10,000 Garden Plants". It rarely lets me down when I look something up. It has the genus Osteospermum but not the cultivar Lavendar Mist. It does state that the plant is indigenous to So. Africa and gives hardiness zone of 8-10. But, it also says "marginally to moderately frost hardy".... Open, sunny position in well drained soil. Prune lightly after flowering helps to maintain shape and extend plants lifespan. Short-lived? I don't know if this is at all helpful. It's what I could find.
New Topic Post Reply