Fantastic foliage: Phlox 'Creme de Menthe'

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Fantastic foliage: Phlox 'Creme de Menthe'

Post by Chris_W »

This is my favorite variegated phlox. Never mildews, grows great, and does not revert. I tried Harlequin one season, and when they returned the following year they had so many solid green shoots I could hardly get the variegated parts back and just gave up on them. But I've never had that happen with Creme de Menthe.

I am hoping to get enough of these propagated to offer by mail order again... Maybe by this fall we'll have some.

Hope you enjoy this picture from our summer garden :D
Attachments
cremedementhe.jpg
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

I love anything variegated....Did you have this for sale last August when we were up there? I think I remember it.....:hmm: Could be wrong.

Thanks showing us, Chris!! :D
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

WOW Chris :eek: that is wonderful!! I didn't know they had varigated phlox. I love it!! I have about 5 spots in the gardens with phlox. Does this one have fragrant flowers too? What colours are the flowers? That is very kewl that there is such a thing. I bought my first varigated iris last summer and I hope it survives the winter. Now I will start looking for a varigated phlox.

Debbie

New Topic Post Reply