O.C.'s 05 Daffodills

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

O.C.'s 05 Daffodills

Post by oldcoot »

:eek: :eek: :eek: Thought I go ahead and start a theme so I could post to it rather than just posting.

THEY ARE COMING...UP a good 6"

That Funny & Friendly Old Coot Saying "It's only 41 more days until SPRING !!" PLEASE !!
Attachments
05-Daffs-.jpg
05-daffs-2.jpg
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
Doris_J

Post by Doris_J »

It's exciting, isn't it, OC? Mine are up too! No blooms yet, but soon!
oldcoot

Seeing these...........

Post by oldcoot »

Seeing this yesterdday madethis day a little brighter !! Big times ahead. I'll keep you posted.........

That Funny & Frikendly Old Coot, named John, saying" Spring in 40 Days"
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
oldcoot

They finally Bloomed !!

Post by oldcoot »

O.C. picked some the last day the sun was out so they wouldn't freeze. More to come later....

That Funny and VERY Friendly Old Coot , named John, saying, "SPRING" is coming and in just 22 more days" and counting !!!
Attachments
05-Daff- 3-2-25.jpg
05-Daff- 2-2-25.jpg
05-Daff-2-25.jpg
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

They are beautiful, OC! :cool: Thanks for sharing the sneak peek of Spring. :D
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
oldcoot

Thank you !!

Post by oldcoot »

They are calling for rain for Sun & Monday, but I believe they will be enough more by then to show you the whole bed instead of just a few. O.C. has tulip plants up, but no bloom yet.....

Once again,thank you.

That Funny and VERY Friendly Old Coot , named John, saying, "SPRING" is coming and in just 21 more days" and counting !!!
draws

Post by draws »

i had some beautyfull Daffodills blooming. i was thinking of taking a pic but then i got sick and a cold snap killed all the blooms :( the plant are all right but the flowers are all droopy :cry: .
i have i big green thumb and a big red heart!
oldcoot

Sorry you've beeen sick

Post by oldcoot »

And sorry your plants froze. I guess I'll lose mine tonight. Only 40* today and they are calling for a low of 20* tonight and tomorrow nighjt. Crazy weather. Seems you are having "Yo-Yo weather" just like we are. Up one day and down the next.That is a GREAT signature line. Couldn't be said better. and just think

That Funny and VERY Friendly Old Coot , named John, saying, "SPRING" is coming and in just 19 more days" and counting !!!
oldcoot

The Cold hurts

Post by oldcoot »

But O.C got a FEW pictures before the big Freeze of the last several nights. Fortunately it gets back up into the mid 40's during the day, so they bounce back some.Not like they did in the 70+ days.. Still no sign of Tulip blooms, just the plants...

That FUNNY & very FRIENDLY Old Coot, named John, stating flatly, that Spring IS COMING in just 10 more days.
Attachments
Orange Daff (2).jpg
Mixed Daff Bouquet (2).jpg
Daffodill  in Macro (2).jpg
oldcoot

Pictures of what's left............

Post by oldcoot »

O.C.'s sorry that this is all that's left to show you. Maybe some in he back yearde will make it

That FUNNY and VERY FRIENDLY Old Coot named John, REALLY looking forward to SPRING in just 6 more days
Attachments
Group Y-W Daffs (2).jpg
Daff-05-Bed (2).jpg
3-Or-Dafs (2).jpg
oldcoot

And a few more.........

Post by oldcoot »

And just a few more. The one picture captioned Rick's Daffodills (my BIL) were plant by O.C. YEARS ago. No telling how long, He can't remember that far back. Since Rick has lived there he has done NOTHING to or for them. This spring, I'm taking back over his yard (mine's FULL) and going to replant it for him. O.C. put out Lilies, Cannas and Elephants ears last fall, and has a whole list for him this spring.

That FUNNY and VERY FRIENDLY Old Coot named John, REALLY looking forward to SPRING in just 6 more days
Attachments
s Daffs-1 (2).jpg
O5-Daffs-Bed-2.jpg
oldcoot

These are the last of O.C.'s Daffodills

Post by oldcoot »

The severe wind we had last week and the rains , with the Yo-Yo temperature has done in the rest of O.C.'s daffodills for this year, These came out of the back yard and this was
about all of them.

Last year we had that 18" snow in February and an UNUSUALLY warm spring right after that turned into summer along time before it should have, but it sure did make beautiful Daff's.

That Funny and Friendly Old Coot continuing his count down for SPRING, just ( 4 ) more days.
Attachments
OC-Or-Daf.jpg
Bunch-White-Daffs-O.C.jpg
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

Thanks for sharing your spring daffs, hope to show some pics of mine soon, but snow is just melted and all I have are buds on some of them...
Pia
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
oldcoot

Thank you so much

Post by oldcoot »

That's great. Your's will be coming in just as mine are going out.POST AWAY for us to see.....

That Funny and Friendly Old Coot continuing his count down for SPRING, just ( 4 ) more days.
New Topic Post Reply