Dicentra 'Luxuriant'

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

LucyGoose

Dicentra 'Luxuriant'

Post by LucyGoose »

I love this plant......Blooms & Blooms.....I have two, but this one is the oldest one, and the other one I have is blooming, but not like this one...I think I have the newer one in a wrong spot...I should move over by this one....

Enjoy!
Attachments
s 228.jpg
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

That's so pretty! :D Is that a primrose behind it?
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

If you ever get the chance to buy Dicentra 'King of Hearts"... go for it! I bought mine last April in bloom, and it finished blooming in August. It was amazing how long it kept going. And the best part is that it makes a nice compact mound, which is important to me because I don't have much space left LOL!

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Yes, that's a puny primrose, Pat....

:hmm: Andi, now that you say *King of Hearts* I think that is what this is...... :roll: Such an air head I am..... :roll:
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Yup, that is King of Hearts lucygoose ;) I saw the picture last night and meant to say something. Very pretty plant. Both Luxuriant and King of Hearts are a couple of my favorite shade plants :)
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Lucy that's PURTY.

Post by oldcoot »

O.C. is eally enjpoying seeing g all these pretty shade bed plants. He sees he HAS lots to choose from for his new bed...

That usually Funny and always VERY Friendly Old Coot, named John, REALLY enjoying Spring with all of God's pretty Flowers........and TODAY glowing with pride at the new ones blooming in his yard and on his deck !!!!
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
Astilbeblu
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Astilbeblu »

I started out nine years ago with 4 small pots of Dicentra "Luxuriant" ....They were very happy where they were for several years...I dug up the original plants to split them up...ended up giving them all away....the next year.....they were popping up all over!....I give away several plants every year! They are not exactly invasive...but once it's happy....in reproduces like crazy..
Dorothy
New Topic Post Reply