An old favorite

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

Annie
USDA Zone: 5

An old favorite

Post by Annie »

This is a Peony I got from my brothers inlaws.
I have no idea if it even has a name, but it's pretty.
Attachments
peonies mgi.jpg
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

Oh I can smell it from here! We got one giant plant of that one from a friend whom had no clue of the name also. It's more of a pink rose color and the smell if heavenly. That one I love to share flowers of!
Snow

Post by Snow »

I have one exactly like that - and I dont know the name either. I love the scent of peonies outside - but if I bring them in the house they make me nauseous and headachey. Same with lilacs :???: But both are at the top of my favorites list.
~*Snow*~
Old earth dog

Post by Old earth dog »

Same as Snow here. I love em outside. Inside, they smell like soap to me. :eek: :eek: SOAP!? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

very pretty!
I love the smell of these.

wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

I'm hoping to find the label from mine somewhere as I know I saved it........probably stuck in a book. It looks a lot like one I have blooming now..... :) Very pretty color
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

I have several of these that I rescued from a mixed border about to be turned into a cornfield. The lady who planted them had moved to town years ago, but still owned the farm until she died in her early 100's. I don't know the name either, but they are vigorous and lovely, and for sure have been around for a good long time. I think her mixed border was planted back in the 40's.
I don't bring them in the house anymore either. Love the way they scent the yard, but they make me sneeze if I get them inside.
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply