Help Dori.......Need a name AGAIN....

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

LucyGoose

Help Dori.......Need a name AGAIN....

Post by LucyGoose »

Or anyone.... :D

I got this from Dori a few years ago in a secret trade and this year it has really exploded! I love it!! You can see it from a distance and it it gorgous.....the blooms have never stood this tall....I need the name, so I can finally put a tag on it....I have been told the name before, but never tagged it.... :oops: I PROMISE, I WILL THIS TIME! :D
Attachments
s 256.jpg
s 257.jpg
s 258.jpg
shadylanejewel
USDA Zone: 8a

Post by shadylanejewel »

Hello LG

Centranthus ruber aka Jupiter's Beard or Red Valerian

http://www.mobot.org/gardeninghelp/plan ... ?code=B950

Great butterfly plant but it can be invasive.
Julie

"To Plant a Seed is a Noble Deed - Propagation is Conservation" Norman C. Deno, Professor Emeritus of Chemistry
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

That's it!! Thanks!! I never have had it re-seed, but then again it never do this well....I will be watching it now....

Thanks!!
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

:cry: One time I can identify a plant and someone beats me to it! :lol:

The ONLY reason I CAN identify it, is that dd and I weeded and one of us pulled it up thinking it was a weed this spring. Found the tag later :(

It is a beauty LG!
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Jane I would give you a piece, and still will, if I knew it would do okay.....When I got it in the spring of that trade, it was not happy.....didn't do nothing.....really did grow, and I thought I was going to loose it.....I think I left it in the same spot another year, and it did not like it....I moved it, and it started doing better each year....I though last year was good until this year.....The blooms are high up on it and it really is showy now.....I don't know if it is the plant not liking to be dug and moved or if it was where I first planted it....both places have full sun.........so go figure....But if you'd like some let me know....(and keep reminding me..... :roll: ) I'll try it.... :D
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

But of course, I'd love to have a piece :) Just don't injure or set yours back to do it! :) I'll try to remember to remind you! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
New Topic Post Reply