Blooming today...

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Blooming today...

Post by doublemom2 »

Some fun things are blooming in the garden today!

I can't figure out what this Echinacea seedling is trying to do. I have the standard purple, and one 'White Swan' which I've never been able to grow from seed. I do have seedlings coming up everywhere and I usually just leave them, birds feed on them all winter. i wonder if this one will be white, purple, green???

LOVE the salvia forskaohlei, can't pronounce it, but the flowers are an amazing bluish color that the camera doesn't capture very well.
Attachments
Digitalis 062305.jpg
Salvia forskaohlei 062305.jpg
Echinacea seedling 062305.jpg
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
doublemom2

Post by doublemom2 »

I grew this eryngium from seed. Love the colors on it, but it can sure reach out and poke ya if you're not careful!

I got the yellow digitalis (?) from someone in a trade, and at first I didn't think it was even a foxglove. But the flowers are shaped the same as my regular foxgloves, just miniature and in yellow. Anyone know what this kind is?

Been waiting for Salvia argenta to bloom for two years, and I'm liking it! When not blooming, it's a mound of *incredibly* fuzzy gray/green leaves.
Attachments
Salvia argenta 062305.jpg
Digitalis yellow 062305.jpg
Digitalis yellow 062305.jpg (25.67 KiB) Viewed 1312 times
Eryngium bourgatii 062305.jpg
Andi
doublemom2

Post by doublemom2 »

Almost forgot one of my favorites :eek:

Dierama pulcherrimum - Just gorgeous when hanging over a pond :)

Andi
Attachments
Dierama pulcherrimum 062305.jpg
Andi
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

All so pretty, Andi! I need to plant more variety in my yard. I'm sort of Hosta top-heavy. :lol:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
KellieD

Post by KellieD »

Possibly digitalis ferruginea, lutea or lanata. I know I have seen it before but my poor fried brain isn't working. Must be the beach air! :wink:
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Andi what very :cool: looing blooms! Maybe u are going to have a yellow coneflower like Annie has? Love the foxgloves too, wish I could grow them up here, had one survive only one winter. *sigh* I really love them too. Your flowers are very pretty!

Debbie

doublemom2

Post by doublemom2 »

Looks identical to most photos of digitalis lutea, so that's what I'm guessing it is.

The coneflower is interesting. I'll just have to wait and see what it does over the summer.

Andi
Andi
New Topic Post Reply