some flowers pics I took today

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

Annie
USDA Zone: 5

some flowers pics I took today

Post by Annie »

Just got the yellow cone flower this year, and I love it! I also got the orange one but I won't see it bloom this year cause the rabbits got it!
Attachments
more flowers mgi.jpg
white and purple flowers mostly mgi.jpg
coneflower yellow mgi.jpg
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Annie, that is lovely!!

I love coneflowers but only have the purple ones and mine don't bloom until August. I didn't know they came in yellow and I just love yellow in the garden it is so cheerful. Do u know what zone the yellows are hardy to?

Debbie

Doris_J

Post by Doris_J »

I love that yellow coneflower. This is the first time I've seen one. I'll have to look for it!
Snow

Post by Snow »

All the flowers are just beautiful! I just picked up an orange coneflower, and a really dark fuschia colored one - but I want that yellow :wink:
~*Snow*~
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hi Annie!!

Ya know, I don't have any of the cone flowers, either.....Your's are pretty! I think Inever bought any cause they spread so much, and I am afraid of that...

Thanks for sharing!! :D
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

O.C only has PURPLE

Post by oldcoot »

But you cn bet, he'll order some yellow one's NEXT year..

Really sharp pictures. You did GOOD Annie.....

The usually FUNNY and always most FRIENDLY Old Coot named John, a Gardner for the Lord, saying thank YOU LORD for his all good friends that share and for the nice rain that has made all our plants grow so well this year.
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

Beautiful pics, Annie! :cool: That yellow coneflower is very pretty. :D I want one too!
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
doublemom2
USDA Zone: 8

Post by doublemom2 »

LOVE that yellow echinacea. I bought one earlier this year, but it didn't make it. I'll have to look for one in a gallon instead of a puny 4" pot, hopefully it'll be better off. That color of yellow is wonderful!

Andi
Andi
Discover Wildlife... Have Twins!!!
PeggyB

Post by PeggyB »

Very, very pretty Annie! I bought 'Sunset', the orange, earlier this year but haven't seen 'Sunrise', the yellow, anywhere. I know we're in the same general area, where did you find yours?
Annie
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Annie »

I found it at Hoerr's.
They still had several more last time I was there, ( couple of days ago) but kinda pricey. Thats why I only have one LOL.

As for where they are hardy, I would assume just like the purple kind. guess I could read the tag LOL. If I still have it, I'll check on it.
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason

~~Annie~~
New Topic Post Reply