Lazy Susans w/black leafs

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

LillyB

Lazy Susans w/black leafs

Post by LillyB »

Hi everyone, I don't post much but I enjoy reading all the post about all your happy flowers. My problem is my Lazy Susans. The leaves are covered with black spots.They are growing in sun in the morning, shade in the evenings. I pick off all the black leaves and the plant looks so unhappy. The next morning the leaves are turning black on them again. Sure could use some help here.
LillyB
LillyB
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Hi LillyB,

If you mean Black Eyed Susans, or Rudbeckia, the black spots on the leaves is from a fungus. This is encouraged by excess moisture. If they are in part shade and crowded they might have a hard time drying out. Cutting off the bad leaves can help to reduce the amount of fungus and then spraying with a fungicide can help reduce the chance of it spreading to healthy leaves. If you are watering them make sure they dry out completely before watering again.

If the problem persists you might want to thin them out or consider moving them to an area with all day sun.

Good luck!

Chris
LillyB

Post by LillyB »

Thanks Chris, I'm glad you knew the name of my pretty flowers. I wasn't sure on their name.
LillyB
New Topic Post Reply