Tizzy Alert........John??

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

LucyGoose

Tizzy Alert........John??

Post by LucyGoose »

Okay, this has just been getting worse and worse.....It was soooo hot before, that I never did anything.....I just dug it up tonight....What is wrong? Is this cause of that borer? What should I do with it? It's one of my seedlings, and the ones next to it are just fine....

Thanks!!!
Attachments
s 062.jpg
s 061.jpg
John

Post by John »

Hmmm, I don't know. I have seen this myself, last year, on the end of a row of Pardancandas. I wondered if it is leaf-spot disease, something "they" say Pardancandas are prone to (as an Iris) if the soil splashes up on the leaves...the prevention is to use a mulch. I don't think it looks like borer damage, to me that would be more like sliminess between the blades, where the insect begins to work its way down into the rhizome. Maybe the Iris experts can help?

Again, just about this time of year some plants tend to get very ratty... a number of hostas are browning, most are still fine. The daylilies are looking awful, foliage-wise.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Hi John!

Well, I wonder what it is, then.... :roll: ...I have another one in different part of the garden that's doing something, that looks different to me that this one.....I'll get a picture later......I will just wait to see if the iris people pop in....

Thanks for looking!! :D
New Topic Post Reply