unusual coneflower blooms

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

Indymom

unusual coneflower blooms

Post by Indymom »

Does this coneflower have a name?? The flowers are only green, but it is still pretty to me. This is the 2nd year it has bloomed this way. Do I have something new?
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

:o I do not know....That is really cool, and my first thought was Dusty's garden for Hunter....He loved green...

Hope you find out!! :D
mooie

Post by mooie »

There was something that was introduced like maybe 3 years? ago that looked like that...for the life of me I cannot remember the name. Or wait..was it something was introduced but only had just the black cone pretty much...shoot....I can't remember!! :roll: :wink:

mooie
~Imagine~
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Sure that is not Rudbeckia ?

Post by oldcoot »

They HAVE a weird one out, but O.C. hasn't tried it yet, he always seems to find some thing other to spend his money on (like Liliums and Hosta)

John
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

That's kinda :cool: !! I think there was a new one several years ago that had a black cone with green petals but the petals were a little longer than yours. I don't recall the name now.
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
New Topic Post Reply