From last summer

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

From last summer

Post by oldcoot »

:D :eek: :eek: OC ssure hopes the high 70* weahter we are having and the 8o* called for over the week-end, spring just MIGHT be in the air..OC's NOSE tells him it is, SNEEZInG, eye watering and all that GOOD stuff. But he sure doesn't mind because he can take Zertex or what ever and blooms are JUST behind. Tuliups and Daffs coming up everywhere, some even haved pods now. Should have blooms in several weeks unless we get a mid March SNOW !! Let's hope that that is all overwith now.

These Elephant ears don't come up untill early summer when the heat and sun get really hot, and these haven't started YET....But OC can dream Can't he..........Come on Summer, Spring is already HERE (he hopes) OC
Attachments
Large View  House-Front.jpg
Large View House-Front.jpg (25.43 KiB) Viewed 1043 times
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
oldcoot

OC has a bubble on his new tripod

Post by oldcoot »

SO, maybe he can take a straight picture this summer....John
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Wow!!! I had one in a pot last year....don't think I will be doing that again.....Here I thought it needed full sun..... :oops: ......After it was too late, I found out they are a shade plant..... :oops:

Nice Coot!!
oldcoot

OC is not so sure !

Post by oldcoot »

The Black ones ARE. OC found that out the hard way. And they do not over winter in the ground well either.It looked great after he moved it out into his shade bed, but they never ccame back. Read later you have to bring them inside.

In my area, the green ones do WELL in the sun. OC's are out in the broiling sun most of the summer. He has ONE in the shade in the back yard to see what it would do, But will probably move it into a new bed this summer. Reall stringy
OC can leave hisz in the groud over the winter b ecause they are faily well protected, lots of good mulch too. In the Frozen Tundra, you might have to mov e your pot un doors, preferably before it freezes...OC
impatience

Post by impatience »

OC, that is a happy looking scene! Thanks for sharing-it won't be long now and it'll look beautiful again!

Come on Spring!
Gardening is the slowest of the performing arts.
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

Post by kHT »

A beautiful sight, but I hate to tell ya winter is still here in the PNW as we are seeing small snowflakes this AM again. :frosty:
New Topic Post Reply