Pulmonaria - true to seed?

Use this forum to discuss hardy perennials and bulbs. Full shade plants should go in the shade gardening forum.

Moderator: Chris_W

grdnnkd

Pulmonaria - true to seed?

Post by grdnnkd »

I know that pulmonaria multiply from the rhizomes?, but does it grow true to seed or will the seedlings be different?

Found a few speckled leaves near all green plants and vice versa. Just wondering if they'll be the same as the mother plant.

TIA

Brian
grdnnkd's Hosta List
Latitude: 46° 78' N; Longitude: -92° 12' W
Nathalie23

Post by Nathalie23 »

I just can say that sometimes, I found new plants growing a little bit far from the mother, so I can say that pulmonaria can multiplicate easily by seed but since I didn't supervised (!!!) the fertilization, I can't say if they look like the mother because I have a few differents kinds of Pulmonaria.
Nathalie

I usually speak french so sorry for my mistakes in english
Nathalie23 Hosta List
Ed_B
USDA Zone: 4b

Post by Ed_B »

I bought one at a local plant sale some years ago, it turned out to be a true weed pest.
It sets seedlings that end up a long way from original plants, including the lawn like dandelions.
The seedlings all look & act like the original plant

I am sorry I ever came across this plant, the seedlings will take a bed over if given a chance, and it has proved to be impossible to eradicate.

The picture is the one I have, it shows how it has taken over a daffodil planting
Attachments
Daffodils (8) [].JPG
New Topic Post Reply